1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Blackstar 5 watt thru Tech21 Power Engine

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by AXEL276, Mar 2, 2012.

1. AXEL276

AXEL276 Member

I'm loving this little amp, Blackstar 5HTR, 5 watts (1 x 12) combo. It sounds great at home and even at rehearsal where I keep it dimed. It's pretty loud on its own, hard to talk over, but when the drums kick in its a little too small to cut thru the mix.

I have a Tech21 Power Engine, a 60 watt (1 x 12) powered cabinet. I use it sometimes with my Trademark 60 and together they sound huge. I thought I'd give the Blackstar a shot thru it.

It worked pretty well, the little 5 watt Blackstar can now be painfully loud, 60 watts loud! It's a great way to boost up the volume of this little combo. Just come out of the Blackstar's headphone jack and into the PE60's 1/4" input. The Power Engines can be found used for around $200 or so.

Works for me, thought I'd pass it on.