Blackstar FX

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by stratmaster48, Jul 16, 2008.

1. stratmaster48

stratmaster48 Member

Have any of tried these? We got the OD, Dist, Dist-X, and Clean Boost in @ Guitar Center the other day. I had a chance to try all of them while I was in a lull @ work. These pedals are really nice. The OD stands above the rest. Very "creamy" overdrive.

2. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

Isn't Blackstar their brand?

3. stratmaster48

stratmaster48 Member

yes

4. Roobin

Roobin Member

I got the Blackstar Dual Dist, and it's a great pedal. The crunch channel is really good for strat blues type, or a bit of chord work with a hb, and then kicking in the Dist channel is fabulous - smooth, or however you want. The ISF control is nice, although defining it as 'british -> american' is probably a bit of marketing, it acts very nicely as a general tone shifter - if you want your sounds in general to be darker and meatier, turn it right, if you want more bright and harder, then turn it to the left. How did you find the ISF control?

5. stratmaster48

stratmaster48 Member

I haven't had a enough time with the pedals to really grasp a hold on the ISF, but from the amount I used it, I really liked it. It brings a whole new dynamic to the pedal. Kind of like a tone knob on speed..haha.