Blackstar HT Dual

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dotlikeimpact, Oct 9, 2008.

1. dotlikeimpact

dotlikeimpact Supporting Member

Anyone try one of these? Clips sound great. I'd be interested how it sounds with 'buckers into a Twin. Bet that would work well.

2. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

I have tried it and the rest of the line that is available. I don't really like them. Not very dynamic as far as picking hand dynamics. There are much better pedals out there. These are very "generic" souning to me. I played them through a Valve JR and Blackstar artisan 30 Go to GC and check them out. Aren't there like 7 GCs in chicago?

You might like them though. Just not my cup of tea.

3. dotlikeimpact

My day off is tomorrow. I'll check it out. Any other tube-based ODs you preferred? I just hate the sound of the average transistor OD, especially into a fender.

4. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

I have only checked out the Buddah Phatman and Zendrive 2. I really liked the Z2 better than the original. The phatman is great too when used as a preamp type pedal. I didn't like it on its own though. I would love to check out the valve boy that Fatback uses in his clips sometime, or the new Maxon overdrive pedals.

5. dotlikeimpact

I just tried it out and gave it a workout. Sounded effin' great! It was really responsive to the volume knob and pick attack, for me. Full and smooth, or you could dial it toward angry and raw, if you like. Sounded killer with a Les Paul into a Twin or Super, less great with a tele.

6. Karl Castle 69

Karl Castle 69 Member

I was thinking of trying out a DIST-X. The Blackstar pedals are getting lot's of press here in the UK. I haven't tried one yet.