Blackstar ID:CORE BEAM release date?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by veus55, Jan 25, 2015.

1. veus55

veus55 Silver Supporting Member

I saw this little beast at NAMM and seems to be a great practice tool.
    Does anyone know the release date?

2. saneff

saneff Gold Supporting Member

I think I saw early March.

3. veus55

Any update on these? It seems it has been released in Europe. If anyone has tried it already please post your impressions
    Thanks

4. RafterRattler

RafterRattler Member

I don't get the pricing on this one. It seems like just the ID:Core 20 with bluetooth. Given that you can buy a bluetooth receiver for under 20 bucks and plug it into the AUX port, why would anyone spend $100 premium for this one? To each his own I guess, but it just seems like a losing price point.

5. veus55

Its more than Bluetooth, besides the features of the ID core, it also has two modeled acoustic guitars (for the electric guitar), two presets for real acoustic guitars, and two bass presets with bass specific effects.
    It seems to be a great apartment practice amp

6. neoprimitive

neoprimitive Member

With the exception of the Bluetooth, it sounds like it is in some ways similar to a peavey vypyr vip 1.
    I'm guessing it will be a killer little amp. I only have a Blackstar Fly3 at the moment and love it.

7. RafterRattler

RafterRattler Member

I had a Core 10 and then a Core 40 for a while, and while they were fun little amps, they felt very cheaply made, and all the models sounded the same to me - just with more or less distortion. I haven't tried the Fly3 yet, but for the price of this one, you're within spitting distance of a THR...

8. veus55

For those interested in the Core ID BEAM, it is now available from Sweetwater. I guess that is also available from other seller in the US.
    Already ordered mine. Will report...
    Looks like a nice practice amp for someone like me who lives in an apartment.

9. Fireheart7

Fireheart7 Member

Hi, I am considering a BEAM amp. What is your impression on it (if you got it already)? It seems like a good solution for practice and to go into GarageBand to have fun recording tracks. Is the quality up to par, etc?

Thank you!

10. veus55

I didn't like it. I returned it after I tried it. I think I may have gotten a defective one because the amp would go on uncontrolled feedback at low gain settings. This includes while listening with headphones. Besides the feedback issues, the acoustic sims were unusable since the volume dropped too much. The cleans and distortion were pleasant but I could not use it because of the feedback.
    I hope this helps.

11. Fireheart7

Fireheart7 Member

Well I tried the 10 watt version and returned it.. The effects were good, but it had an inherent quality to its tone that bugged the heck out of me. Like it had tomuch compression, or like a noise gate was set just a tad too high. I used the software and turned the actual noise suppressor off, to no avail. The mp did not sound bad, it excelled in all out rock or hard picking situations. But try to bring soft picking dynamics, and some notes would not come through. Also, the notes would not sustain quite right... I wonder if the regular ID line would work better, like the ID 15, as a practice amp...