BLACKSTONE APPLIANCES MOSFET OVERDRIVE 2sV3

alguit

Silver Supporting Member
Wonderful, wonderful pedal. Great Plexi tone and then a great higher-gain Marshall tone on top of that, all in an easy-to-set, compact unit.

Going into a clean to mostly-clean amp, this is a go-to pedal! It's always in my gig bag and gets a lot of use.

62Tele

Silver Supporting Member
Also a great low gainer if you want it to be. Displaced an LTD SR and a Super Sport for me. Very amp-like feel.

fuzz_factor

Silver Supporting Member
I hate to say it, but I like my DLS a little better. The Blackstone is more versatile, but for what I'm using it for, the DLS went on my board. The Blackstone is touchier about amps settings, the guitar you're using, etc. The DLS is just like a lower-gain Marshall.

I'm keeping the BS for now, however, because it's such a cool, unique, satisfying pedal. It's also a great stacker!

Someone (not me) is selling one in the Emporium for $165. That's a pretty good price.

i had a blackstone and thought it was a great, great OD pedal. of all the OD pedals i've had it probably was the best at cleaning up with the guitar volume. it's also one of the most open, uncompressed ODs I've played.

i think i prefer just a tad more compression, so i ended up selling it. i also wasn't crazy about the trimpots. they weren't the easiest to adjust - especially on a dark stage....

great OD though - definitely worth a try....

Champ

Thanks for the replies. Still looking for a PDF of the instruction manual. Jon has not responded to my request for one as of yet.

sdd17

the red channel
I wish I could dial in more top
I know there is a trim pot inside but I am not getting what I am looking for
from it
love the clean up on the pedal though
sorry no pdf yet
I would like one myself

62Tele

Silver Supporting Member
sdd17 - the internal trim pots are very active. I had to cut the treble down on mine - there is a lot of sizzle in there.

Champ - the pedal can be switched between true bypass or buffered.

I like the low overdrive of my Blackstone but I've never really thought the pedal makes Marshall sounds despite many people saying it does.

JUSTJOB

I love my Blackstone, and use it regularly on my grab-n-go pedalboard. It has a lot of versatility and tone in a small package, excellent touch sensitivity and dynamics with an amp like feel to it. The Blackstone also cleans up exceptionally well with the guitars volume knob very well on either channel too, and I love how there are no knobs on the pedal to kick too. Small and durable also and can be thrown in the gig bag with no worries, or put in the guitar case accesory compartment. Just a great little dirt box all around.

These videos are a bit wordy, although he does an excellent job in portraying the Blackstone. He is also using humbuckers and it sounds great, however, I like the Blackstone even more with a Strat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzwKxf4Rpzo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOmCw7l5Pno&feature=related

Champ

sdd17 - the internal trim pots are very active. I had to cut the treble down on mine - there is a lot of sizzle in there.

Champ - the pedal can be switched between true bypass or buffered.
Mine says 4.3 inside on the board, serial #005. Don't see the switch (holes) I've heard about to switch between the two. Maybe that's on later versions.

Trending Topics