Blankenship FSWSC clips Mach II

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by anyone, Sep 23, 2006.

1. anyone

anyone Member

2. fatback

fatback Member

nice! :AOK It sounds clearer than last time.

I really need to try one of those. :drool

3. anyone

anyone Member

Sweet! Thanks. Your tips really helped.

I'll just say that this thing loves pedals....

I just spent about the last hour on your vid page getting an education and feeding gas pains I never knew I had! Hmmm Purple Plexi...
    Hope you don't mind if I try to cop the lick that starts around 1:48 here: sweet lick I want to steal along with a purple plexi pedal:crazy

4. anyone

anyone Member

I reckon I'll give a bump for some improved soundclips of my favorite 6L6 amp ever... (that makes it the best, right?).

5. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

Anyone-great playin & clippage-this is a great soundn' natural amp-im listening to the Strat/TS's-nails the SRV blues thang fer sure.

I have something entirely different on my radar amp wise at the moment-
    but im gonna keep up with your clippage!

JF

6. Norse

Norse Member

Chris - Fatboy Supreme definitely working very well with all pick-up types... love the strat tones - very tastey clean tone about 5/8ths through the clip.

John- nice sounds coming from your website! Love that style, both vocal and instrumental.

Greg

7. burning blue

burning blue Member

For a very bored person

YOU JUST ENTERTAINED THE (insert expletive here) OUT OF ME!!!

8. anyone

anyone Member

John - You are The Man! I'm stoked that you took time to listen! Thanks!

Greg - Thanks! Looking forward to hearing you record some stuff with this amp and your new toy...

burning blue - Awesome! Thanks! (assuming that you weren't laughing so hard that you sharted (thus freeing you of the expletive of choice)... in which case... uh... thanks... glad to help... and, uh, sorry for the mess...

9. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

Anyone-Im listen' to the Baker clip-wow -cool-
    your plain' clips/vidz are great ...!
    the bottom end gets a bit gaseous for me-
    however my sound is strat-tele-so thin on the bottom-

even so id love to have a Baker for some stuff-the amp shines still tho-
    im really impressed with it-im gonna revisit his web

10. anyone

anyone Member

Hey John,

Thanks for the gracious words man!
    I know what you mean about the bottom end; I think it's a mix of the limitations of the condensor mic on my Canon G6 and me being a moron who doesn't know how to dial in the amp correctly... I've used a few pedals with it that tighten up the low end (rat, modded ts9, OD-1, mosfet fulldrive), but I'm still working on dialing in the amp on it's own. I'd love to hear you play this thing! Couldn't hurt to see if Roy would let you demo one... maybe the bottom end is more focused on the 1x15 version... Heck, also couldn't hurt to talk to Gene. Not sure what he's doing about artist deals and whatnot, but the B3s are killer and Gene is the same way cool guy he's always been... http://www.finetunedinstruments.com
    Alright, I'm getting beyond obnoxious... sorry...

Chris

11. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

Hey Chris--the bottom end woofiness is very common to old Bassmans/Bandmasters-which I have several of-but also many amps to-
    I like a tite midrangey bottom when I hit the low open E-

--i usually turn the bass right off to achieve that-studio & live are two different things tho-[like its not much fun to have no bass on a gig or when playing in a room!]

BTW-some one made a little box/pedal-that eliminates those exact frequencies in the low-end-i think he made it almost specifically for old Fenders[that sound is pretty common in 60s recordings]

i cant remember-if you did this already-can you go direct with all controls
    flat-say low-med.-then cranked volumes??-[if you have already just point me to the clip.]

cheerz-thanks alot-ill look into yer suggestions too

jf

12. anyone

anyone Member

Thanks for that. This is my first tweed-type amp and my first 2x10. I thought the bottom end was the trade off with this kind of amp/speaker config. Then I read that the Jensen C10s tend to fart out after a certain point as well... but I love so many other things about the amp that I don't feel compelled to swap out speakers... yet... any recs on 10s?

I need to try this but I've been too scared!
    Curious but brain-dead... any help?
    Will do as soon as I get a chance. Flat = controls at 12:00? Strat?

Cheers,

Chris

13. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

when you switch to the neck, it gets real woolly and flabby sounding, is this an inherent quality in that head or is that caused by the recording technique used ?

jimmy

14. anyone

anyone Member

The recording is just the mic on a Canon G6 digital cam, so it does flub out on the low end. Then it's an open back 2x10 combo, and it's a Tweed-type amp, so that doesn't help the low end out much either... So I guess the answer to your question is 'yes' on both counts...

I'm going to try to do some clips with an mbox & sm57 that I borrowed from a friend... I'm pretty much a recordidiot... All my talented friends are too busy... Too much info? Sorry...

Chris

15. Norse

Norse Member

Chris,
    I am thinking that the bulk of low-end flubiness on these clips is camera related... the rest due to tone settings... When I got to run this amp through its paces I didn't notice any bottom end issues playing at high volume levels through a Kramer 300HST on the bridge (HB) pickup much of the time... If I recall, I had the bass set at ~ 10 o'clock... on subsequent sessions, after I got the amp back for a second drive, I did notice some issues there.... I may have had the bass up around 12 o'clock... I'll mess around with this some more when I can talk you out of the amp again :)
    Greg

16. anyone

anyone Member

John Here's a clip with the controls flat. I did it a while ago, but it's so bad that I've put off linking to it. I only link now because you're such a gracious guy and I know I won't have time to redo anything for awhile...
    tonal tour

Greg Ask and you shall receive! You're just gonna need to put together some better clips to demo the amp... Talk to you soon.

Chris

17. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Damn how did I miss this post

Sounding sexy fella. Nice playing :hiP

It Would be great to hear some 'Studio' recordings some time as video cameras never do amps any justice.
    I'm Green with envy over that Baker. :drool

18. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

Hey Chris!diggin it--you really show the gradual gain-up---**** i luv that tone--really like the mids & top! bottom is tite on the cleaner settings-
    the totally full-out in the botoom is a bit nuts[for my style currently]
    also I can really hear the pu's at work here too-man early 70s rock or what!

thanks alot for puttin it up-its totally cool-nothing bad at all!:AOK

jf

19. anyone

anyone Member

Woody Thanks man! I love your clippage and playing. You sound amazing through your new Two Rock! And that Baker is a fine fiddle, though it seems you're not suffering from want of fine gear yourself!

John See what I mean: you're just proving my point about grace! You pretty much sum it up about the mids and top end. Eventually I'm gonna try running this with another amp to get the bottom...