Blend Pot ?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Jackaroe, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Jackaroe

Jackaroe Member

I had a tech install a blend pot in a 2 humbucker guitar (A Cort Steinberger knockoff)
    The original wiring was: volume neck p/u, volume bridge p/u, master tone.
    Now it's: Master volume, blend pot, master tone. You get the picture, here's the problem: the blend pot he installed doesn't blend. As soon as you go past the center detent in either direction, the dominant p/u takes over completely. This pot is just functioning as a 3-way selector switch with no fine tone sculpting ability. I havn't asked him what brand or specs pot he used but does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement blend pot with good sweep?

Thanks

2. Stratman76

Stratman76 Member

I use the one CTS makes for...

http://www.acmeguitarworks.com/250K_Solid-Shaft_Blender_CTS__P29C14.cfm

Acme Guitar Works. It's a custom no load pot. I believe it's only available in 250K form but it works quite well; definitely allows you to blend in/out pickups and there is no detent. Fully clockwise, it's out of the circuit (back to your normal configuration.)

3. Jackaroe

Jackaroe Member

Thanks a lot, that link explains it well but I think it's mainly to use in strat style pkup configurations. I am definitely getting one for my strat though. Sounds like a very cool mod.

4. geetarman

geetarman Member

I have the Acme pot installed in both of my Strats they work great.