Blender (or something) for delay levels - into clean and dirty channels??????

Faldoe

I have a Fryette Sig: X head which is three channels. I tried the effects loop but I prefer my pedals - in this case/question, delays and reverb, into the front of the amp and then into each channel depending on my channel selection.

My issue is that when my verb/delay levels are set right on my clean channel, they become too drastic when run through my dirty channels.

I'm wondering if there is something I can put my delays and reverb into - like a looper/blender pedal, that when engaged, drops the mix of those pedals in the chain, but when the pedal is disengaged, the pedals return to their normal levels - so they can be used with the cleans.

Does that make sense?

I'm not sure if a blender would work because can a blender be completely bypassed, without also bypassing the pedals in the blender's loop? Because that wouldn't work for me - I'd then loose access to those pedals when the blender was bypassed.

Hope that makes sense.

Also, my delays and reverb don't have presets, and I don't want to have to readjust the levels/mix on each, every time I change channels.

Faldoe

yes.

I basically want something to bring the pedals more or less into the forefront - more when on the clean channel, less when with the dirty, that way their balances/effectiveness remain the same and not normal (clean channel) and overbearing (dirty channel)

DaveKS

Well that's the reason to put them in the effects loop, post preamp distortion. Otherwise your amplifying/clipping/distorting your effects.

Reverb into distortion just sounds janky.

Faldoe

Depends on your tastes. I think it sounds great. It depends on your playing also.

Well I want something like an effects loop but before the amp input. And that basically switches between two different types of fx/dry ratios; one at full mix for cleans and of a lesser mix ratio when used with the OD/dist channels.

DaveKS

Boss LS-2 maybe. Think you can program 2 separate levels on it. Don't quote me on that though. I've never owned one.

GigRig wetbox with blend pedal may also be a option, think you can use a vol pedal with a min/max adjustment to give you 2 different levels or anything in between. Or maybe a clean boost in wetbox loop after delay/verb, with that and exp pedal would have 2 levels with adjustable blend on each one. With this you'll be setting your blend knobs full on pedals and using wetbox to blend them in with your dry signal.

There are programmable loop solutions out there but your getting up into 100's of dollar for many of them. GigRig G2 a perfect example.

Faldoe

hot damn I'll look into the LS-2. I had one years ago but I didn't use it for that when I had it.

EricHOH

I think you'd want a type of pedal that would be a blender in a loop. Might be hard to explain but I'll give it a try. You would have a pedal with a dry thru and then a blendable loop that you would run the delay in with the mix on the delay 100% wet and the delay pedal always on. That way when you kick in the loop you add the delayed signal to your dry signal. You could then have 2 switchable "mix" levels for clean and dirty and an master on/off switch for the delayed side. It would be a pedal with 2 knobs for the separate delay levels and 2 footswitches for master on/off and 1 for clean delay/dirty delay. Hopefully that makes sense. I built one similar to this recently and it worked great.