Blending Pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by aram, Jan 30, 2008.

1. aram

aram Member

Does anyone know of a pedal that blends together 2 signals.

I'm thinking it would be a rocker pedal, like a wah.

Toe forward would be all signal A and Heel back would be all signal B.

Everything in between would be a blend of the two.

I know that Morley makes a pedal like this, but I'm concerned it may suck tone.

Anyone have any other ideas for something like this?

Thanks!!!

2. guitarist58

guitarist58 Member

Not sure if it does exactly what you're looking for, but Barge Concepts has a pedal along those lines, the "VFB-X Expression Controlled Variable Feedback & Blend Bypass Looper". (has to be the longest name for a pedal I've ever heard! :crazy)

Here's a link:
    http://www.bargeconcepts.com/x.html

3. aram

aram Member

Thanks man!!

This is more inline with what I'm thinking of:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MLYFXBL

just concerned that it will kill my tone, and was wondering if there's anything else that does it better.

4. alivegy

alivegy Member

5. thisfire

thisfire Supporting Member

6. JamonGrande

JamonGrande Supporting Member

i've been using the Xotic X-Blender for a little under a year now. The main control knob is nice and big, fairly easy to adjust with your foot (i play barefoot, so even a little easier that way).

Big pluses: the return signal is phase invertible, and EQ-able, so more tweakable than the Barge Concepts or Morley. Can be used as a blend pedal or TB switch (though a very expensive one, and the EQ is disabled in non mix-mode) Unfortunately the circuitry is pc mounted, so now easy mods to convert it for treadle use (via external treadle or remounting). Still consider it. Now, I use it for blending in laptop processed guitar effects, have used it balance out and blend in a whammy pedal.

Lastly, also can boost your signal (I think +6db). very useful pedal.

what are you blending?

joe

7. aram

aram Member

thanks for your responses.

the x blender sounds good, though I'm a little wary of altering the blend amount with just my foot.

I will be doing as you do- blending in computer sounds from max msp patches- patches that both process my guitar and are stand alones (synths, samples, etc)

Right now the morley seems like the best option, just because I can blend those sounds in as i would with a volume pedal.

but its bulky, and i'm sure the xotic is probably better constructed and takes up less board space.

Will do some earnest thinking tonight and will make a decision manana.

THanks for all your help everyone!!

8. JamonGrande

JamonGrande Supporting Member

excellent! One thing that also helps me in "our" type of setup is also controlling volume from my interface/controller (cheapie m-audio ozonic). If I'm manipulating patches/controller knobs/faders/keys with my right hand already, it's sometimes just as easy to grab the volume fader to adjust blend as it is manipulate the foot blend.

really enjoyed the myspace clips by the way

joe