• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Blind Melon appreciation.

DEMENTED

Silver Supporting Member
:phonesI still like these guys, cool tones, cool playing, different enough to stand out. Too bad musicians drug out and die too soon.

yellowecho

Blind Melon is one of my absolute favorites!!
It's ridiculous how underrated and under-appreciated they are.
The song writing and guitar playing is nothing short of spectacular.

I pity people that haven't heard anything other than "No Rain". IMO, that's actually one of their weaker tracks.

Miss you, Shannon!

daddyo

I like the guitarist's style (Roger Stevens). The nice, edgey clean is someting I've tried to emulate.

Phil M

Silver Supporting Member
I really liked their original disc when it came out and still like a lot of the tunes. The entire album sounds like it was cut with '50s and '60s Fender gear!

blood5150

sat on the stage when they played the stone pony back in 93-94...i was right under shannon hoon the whole time... good show...

Snottyboy

One of my favorites. 'Soup' is a great album, too. Even the album of out-takes, 'Nico', is worthy. Their version of "The Pusher" just kills me.

Has anybody seen their live DVD, and how is it?

soulohio

ahhh...Blind Melon. I never really got into them because of the No Rain video and the Axl Rose connection...then I listened to them and caught some live stuff...really great jam band as well as delivering outstanding songs. I wouldn't be able to sleep at nite if I was in that band knowing that they were on the verge of fantastic commercial and critical success...then Hoon took the band with him to the grave.

I believe they tried to replace Shannon RIP....but couldn't find anybody that had the charisma and career ready voice that they needed....they were fantastic. I'll bet they still get royalties and paychecks from their few releases tho...

Derwood

They were playing one of the songs from a new album on a local indie station within the last year. Don't know who the singer was, but I thought it sounded pretty good.

EXP

Supporting Member
I love Change. It always makes me feel better after I hear that song.
Great song!

It really sucks that Shannon had a bad show in Houston and went on a coke binge the night before the Tipitina's gig in New Orleans.

PedalFreak

Silver Supporting Member
I love Change. It always makes me feel better after I hear that song.
One of my all time favorite songs. Shannon actually has the words, "I know we all cant all stay here forever So I want to write my words on the face of today & they'll paint it," on his headstone.

I love this band.

EL34

Gold Supporting Member
Excellent band. I saw them at a small club in Hollywood before they really hit it big....what an awesome live band! I also saw the latest incarnation with the new singer (which I hear has already left the band) and they weren't bad....nowhere near the magic they had with Hoon though. The new songs are just meh,....I bought the new release and gave it several listens, but it just doesn't grab me.

Teleking

Silver Supporting Member
Truly great band. Huge fan.

Soup is actually a better album than the first in my opinion. Very, very creative album. Shannon Hoon could sing to anything. As a lead vocalist as well, I can't believe the stuff he sang over and somehow found these amazing melodies. Truly a vastly talented guy, as was the band.

BigAl

My friends and I had tickets to see Blind Melon in Boston for the week or two after Shannon died. We were really shocked by the news. I have saved most of the ticket stubs from shows I have seen over the years but unfortunately brought that ticket back for a refund (we were still in school at the time). I am sure that would have been a great show.

Trending Topics