• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Blink-182

Abram4235

Just heard their new song "The Rabbit Hole". I haven't listened to them since their MTV days. I'm 32 now and my musical tastes have changed quite a bit since then but I really dig that song. I think they sound their best personally. They were just in Bangor (ME) and I had no idea. I may pick up their new album. Good stuff.

Edit: the song I heard was actually "bored to death"

Last edited:

EricPeterson

Isn't Tom out of the band? @Abram4235 we are the same age, I certainly listened to my fair share of Blink in high school, have not really though about them much since.

retroLS1

Tom has been replaced by Alkaline Trio frontman Matt Skiba. Though he is quite a bit different from Tom I think he is a good fit for the band and I like the new album quite a bit. Same age as you guys. I didn't get to catch them on their way through MA this time around but probably will try next year.

Abram4235

Isn't Tom out of the band? @Abram4235 we are the same age, I certainly listened to my fair share of Blink in high school, have not really though about them much since.
Yea, Tom is out and Matt Skiba from Alkaline Trio took his place. I'm with you - I hadn't thought of them in a long time, and I was never a huge fan. I was surprised to hear them on the radio and even more surprised that I liked it. I do seem to remember that they had a shift in sound at some point though.

Abram4235

Tom has been replaced by Alkaline Trio frontman Matt Skiba. Though he is quite a bit different from Tom I think he is a good fit for the band and I like the new album quite a bit. Same age as you guys. I didn't get to catch them on their way through MA this time around but probably will try next year.
I agree, definitely sounds like he's fitting in very well.

EricPeterson

Yea, Tom is out and Matt Skiba from Alkaline Trio took his place. I'm with you - I hadn't thought of them in a long time, and I was never a huge fan. I was surprised to hear them on the radio and even more surprised that I liked it. I do seem to remember that they had a shift in sound at some point though.
My wife made me listen to "I miss you" a lot when it came out -- that was a decent departure from mid to late 90s sound they had. I remember rushing home after school to watch TRL and catch their latest video. LULZ.

Abram4235

My wife made me listen to "I miss you" a lot when it came out -- that was a decent departure from mid to late 90s sound they had. I remember rushing home after school to watch TRL and catch their latest video. LULZ.
LOL, TRL - those were the days. I watched that show very regularly. We may have other garbage on the radio these days but at least the boy bands are gone.

Vic Ferrari

We all listened to Blink 182 in high school. I used to jam Josie and Waggy on my guitar all the time lol! Still do sometimes.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom