• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

blonde bandmaster

jh1129

can anyone comment on the current value of a circa '61-'63 blonde bandmaster ? this one is covered in black tolex, brown faceplate and cream knobs ...I believe the speakers are a mix of an old jensen generic replacement speaker and an olson replacement speaker ...i have attached a link so that you can see mostly the guts of the amp itself..the cosmetics I would rate as a 7-8/10 ...the cabinet doesn't seem original as I can tell, or maybe the grille has been replaced...am thinking of tuning it up via a cap job, some resistors, etc...any and all comments would be greatly appreciated , thanks

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj308/jh1129/bandmaster/

kimock

can anyone comment on the current value of a circa '61-'63 blonde bandmaster ? this one is covered in black tolex, brown faceplate and cream knobs ...I believe the speakers are a mix of an old jensen generic replacement speaker and an olson replacement speaker ...i have attached a link so that you can see mostly the guts of the amp itself..the cosmetics I would rate as a 7-8/10 ...the cabinet doesn't seem original as I can tell, or maybe the grille has been replaced...am thinking of tuning it up via a cap job, some resistors, etc...any and all comments would be greatly appreciated , thanks

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj308/jh1129/bandmaster/
http://codekinesis.mine.nu:3000/price/list_history

Here's a cool link to help you keep track of the vintage Fender amp prices.

I think these prices might be a little on the high side because they're auction results, but it's ballpark for very good condition in a sellers market.

A clean original set averages $1,550.
Low price on the amp only is down around $500, clean.

If it was me, and the amp needed work and the cab needed speakers, and it was the wrong tolex, I'd probably walk away if it was more than $700.

A couple of hundred bucks for proper speakers, a couple of hundred bucks for tubes and caps, it's still the wrong color and you could buy one that's straight for that much.
If you're in love with it just give the guy his money, but that's gonna wind up being an expensive amp by the time you're done with it.

peace

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
Looks a bit like a project amp to me. The black tolex will hurt the value, but the guts looks original and are probably sound. I would pick it up if you can. I agree about $700 or less would be a good deal.

I would love to have a blonde bandmaster, if I got that one I would probably have the headshell recovered and put back to stock looking.

jh1129

thanks for the replies...i do have the amp working right now, althought I haven't changed any of the caps....just did a cleaning of the interior, tube sockets, pots,etc......i added a few more pics of the head cab and the 2-12 cab.the logos and the grille cloth do not match.....the head cab logo seems original (based on my research) ....the owner bought back in the mid 70's the way it looks right now and never really did anything to it, so i would presume it was retolexed back before he bought it.....did these amps ever come in black tolex?

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
thanks for the replies...i do have the amp working right now, althought I haven't changed any of the caps....just did a cleaning of the interior, tube sockets, pots,etc......i added a few more pics of the head cab and the 2-12 cab.the logos and the grille cloth do not match.....the head cab logo seems original (based on my research) ....the owner bought back in the mid 70's the way it looks right now and never really did anything to it, so i would presume it was retolexed back before he bought it.....did these amps ever come in black tolex?
They did I believe have a transitional model with black tolex, a black faceplate and white knobs. Since this has a brown faceplate the black tolex is not original.

Looking at those power supply caps under the dog house, they are bulging. So I would probably change those before I fired her up for a sound test.

Trending Topics