Bloomfield Drive Owners...

Samgreen

Just tell me about it. I've got a 40/20 combo on layaway (haven't played one), I feel that I've exhausted all forums and resources to satiate my desire to read about it. Pros, cons, indulgent subjective, overdone descriptions of minutia welcome and encouraged.

rawkguitarist

Is that a TwoRock? If so I did some demo's of one for a local shop. It was a head and I'm honestly not sure what wattage - I just plugged in ha! In the demo's it doesn't come across but its one of the most interactive *clean* tone's I've every heard. A crazy good amp.

rawkguitarist

You sound great man, I've watched through those a few times. You did the amp justice, well done.
Brother… thanks for the kind words!

To elaborate on the clean tone... it had bounce and compression and sustain I don't think I've heard. I already have the best amps on the planet for me... but an amazing amp is an amazing amp whether I'd own it or not.

I bet you'll love it!

Samgreen

Ah yes, the bounce is something I was hoping for. It's something I hear in demos of the traditional clean (or think I hear, hard to gauge the response of an amp without playing it), but it's slightly less apparent in the BD vids I've seen, at least to my ears. It was the one thing that made me think I should consider the TC, but I ultimately opted for that sweet OD channel. Great to hear that it's present in the BD as well..

Thoughts on the OD side at all?

rawkguitarist

Ah yes, the bounce is something I was hoping for. It's something I hear in demos of the traditional clean (or think I hear, hard to gauge the response of an amp without playing it), but it's slightly less apparent in the BD vids I've seen, at least to my ears. It was the one thing that made me think I should consider the TC, but I ultimately opted for that sweet OD channel. Great to hear that it's present in the BD as well..

Thoughts on the OD side at all?
Man... I didn't ever play through the OD side. Sorry! They simply asked me to bring my pedal board and they had that amp setup and a few guitars ready for me. And by the time I went through the takes I had to run...!

Look on youtube for Barnett Music Exchange for the demo I think mine are 1 - 4 of 5 videos. For nothing more than a little entertainment watching something for your new amp.
WOW, that second video (beginning with the volume swells) sounds great. Was going to comment on what an un-stereotypically-Two Rock tone you were getting till I noticed the Barber Direct Drive in the description. I have yet to hear a Two Rock with a really great gain channel other than the Sensor, which, for my taste, out-Dumbles the best Dumbles.

Faded

Silver Supporting Member
I preferred the Classic Reverb Signature. Two Rocks were meant for 6L6’s

Nice amp though.

BradleyCB

WOW, that second video (beginning with the volume swells) sounds great. Was going to comment on what an un-stereotypically-Two Rock tone you were getting till I noticed the Barber Direct Drive in the description. I have yet to hear a Two Rock with a really great gain channel other than the Sensor, which, for my taste, out-Dumbles the best Dumbles.
Make sure you spend plenty of times with the controls when you are using the amp, especially on the Lead channel. Two Rock uses a cascading gain stage, meaning the gain and master on your clean channel impact what the lead channel sounds like. You can get fantastic rock tones out of Two Rock’s amps like this, but you have to put in the time to learn how the controls interact with each other.

I don’t think you will be disappointed when your amp arrives.

Samgreen

Could anyone possibly compare/contrast the BD with an older model such as the emerald pro? I have a Topaz that was great but just too much amp for me that I'll be selling soon (same circuit as emerald pro, some different parts)

deepguitar

Gold Supporting Member
My take, was the BD was too much amp for mortals, especially the lead channel. Nobody can play that loud in a small club. But I had a 100 Watt. I think if you play it on the 20 watt setting the 2nd channel will be great, and that piecing will go away. The clean channel is $$. Y.M.M.V.

Samgreen

My take, was the BD was too much amp for mortals, especially the lead channel. Nobody can play that loud in a small club. But I had a 100 Watt. I think if you play it on the 20 watt setting the 2nd channel will be great, and that piecing will go away. The clean channel is $$. Y.M.M.V.
So you felt that the harshness went away with volume?

And yes, the clean channel is warm, rich, and crystal clear

deepguitar

Gold Supporting Member
Yes. I couldn’t tame it unless my ears were bleeding. I think the 40/20 Watt would be magical.

Samgreen

I do have the amp in my possession now, and the cleans and reverb are definitely magical. The drive side is very bright... borderline harsh with my strat, but it seems that the louder i get the less harsh it becomes. Unfortunately I'm stuck at home and can't get it too loud..

Overall I have faith that it will be everything i want in a gig scenario and may have to accept that my strat will be harsh for driven tones at home

justin

Double Platinum Member
I do have the amp in my possession now, and the cleans and reverb are definitely magical. The drive side is very bright... borderline harsh with my strat, but it seems that the louder i get the less harsh it becomes. Unfortunately I'm stuck at home and can't get it too loud..

Overall I have faith that it will be everything i want in a gig scenario and may have to accept that my strat will be harsh for driven tones at home
Find a delay or something that works in the loop. That will darken it. Also try a good attenuator.

Trending Topics