• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Bloomfields amps during early Butterfield days??

waggclan

Par 4 Holer
Platinum Supporting Member
That's a good question. You'd have to be an old fart like me to actually remmember... I'd have to look it up!!! :confused: I bet it was a Fender (Vibroverb) though...

monstermike

There's a Guild amp on the back of that first Butterfield record, and I've heard people say they saw him using it.

Mark Kane

Platinum Supporting Member
Up through the Newport festival with Dylan it was a Guild Thunderbird amp.

Maruuk

Guild Thunderbird: 2 7591s, ss rect for about 30 watts. A (Celestion 75?) 12" and a CTS 8" (the reverb channel speaker). The reverb tank doesn't exist...oh wait, it's in the chassis! Guild liked to experiment a lot.

The band probably had a sweetheart deal with Guild since the Butterfield band's organist, Mark Naftalin, played an embarrassingly cheesy Guild organ through his own Guild amp.

Trending Topics