Bludotone Hi Plains Drifter : who has one??

Joe Perry

Platinum Supporting Member
Inspired by the Two Rock Sterling Sig thread, who either has one or has one on order? The only one I know of is Les'. Trying to live a little through my TGP brothers. I know ODS style amps reign 98.5% supreme here but I'm more of a single channel guy liking huge SRV/strat clean tones. I know they are usually more expensive than ODS style amps - I don't want to discuss that. I'm also interested in Fuchs Clean Machines but I haven't seen much talk on these either.

I already have a 100 watt Pure 64 Meanstreet that I'm extremely happy with that can cop those type of tones and I've been doing good with being in downsize mode. I guess it's just a little lingering GAS, getting back into a SRV mood and me being board at work.

traviswalk

In the Great State
I was on the list last year but then switched it over to an ODS at the last minute, I'd like to get on the list again for one because after playing and hearing it at the NY Amp show it is a thing of beauty. I'd like to run that stereo with the Sterling!!!

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
If you don't want to wait you can check out a TR J-2. Excellent SSS type cleans to roaring Lindely tones.

Les' clips of the SSS floor me, so waiting for one is also a good choice.

Joe Perry

Les your pushing me. ;^) My wife actually told me to put a deposit down for my 40th Bday present ( in July ). Although with the wait I'd wouldn't get it until I'm 41.

LVC

Les your pushing me. ;^) My wife actually told me to put a deposit down for my 40th Bday present ( in July ). Although with the wait I'd wouldn't get it until I'm 41.
do what I have (2x) -- send your deposit in .. and then every couple of months send some more cash -- before you know it --- amp is done and paid for!

traviswalk

In the Great State

You should definitely get in line! That is an amazing amp!

I was on the list last year but then switched it over to an ODS at the last minute, I'd like to get on the list again for one because after playing and hearing it at the NY Amp show it is a thing of beauty. I'd like to run that stereo with the Sterling!!!
You the man, Two SSS style amps! I'm getting on the list soon to, but I think I'm going for a LC amp; the ripper circuit is getting me kinda excited.

Joe Perry

Les, wasn't yours the one demo'd at the amp show? Do you know if any other TGPers have one? I guess putting a WTB ad in the emporium would be useless?

We have to discuss it. My wife sprung it on me when we talked on the phone at lunch. Last night she wanted to go on a little getaway with no kids for my Bday, I countered with the amp suggestion then talks stopped abruptly. Today she said we could probably do both (she wants to go away, not me).

traviswalk

In the Great State
Les, wasn't yours the one demo'd at the amp show? Do you know if any other TGPers have one? I guess putting a WTB ad in the emporium would be useless?

We have to discuss it. My wife sprung it on me when we talked on the phone at lunch. Last night she wanted to go on a little getaway with no kids for my Bday, I countered with the amp suggestion then talks stopped abruptly. Today she said we could probably do both (she wants to go away, not me).
I do believe Brandon made two at the beginning of 2009 and one is with Les. I'm not sure where the other went and did not hear or see that more were made.

LVC

Anyone going for the Bludodrive-Reverb that's like Santana's ODSR?
Any Bludodrive will pretty much serve up Santana in spades.

Galo was at my house a few months ago and played my Bludo HRM.

all I can say is -- Santana was "in the house" :dude

Same thing with my 80's Classic ---- I can faithfully channel Santana through that amp as well.

I believe Santana's amps are Bluesmasters with a built-in reverb.

Maybe Brandon can chime in on the specifics.

Joe Perry

And then there were two...... Is that it?

cincinnatus, what guitars to you primarily play with it? Let me know when your tired of it!!:hide I have some serious thinking to do.

osoloco69

Or you could just get someone else's build spot...
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/654535&highlight=bludotone

You the man, Two SSS style amps! I'm getting on the list soon to, but I think I'm going for a LC amp; the ripper circuit is getting me kinda excited.
You could pick this one up and get it revoiced by Brandon-
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/644258&highlight=bludotone

bludotone

Hi there,

There are only 3 HPD's that exist, Les's, Cincinnatus's, and the one in my shop that's shipping Monday. The amp is a direct clone of The SSS that used to Belong to Eric Johnson. You will see more folks getting them in 2010 as their spots come up on the list. Once folks have a spot in line they can get whatever amp they want when their time comes up:aok

Trending Topics