Blue Nebular Funk

Very accomplished production/sounds, really nice tune, tones, and your playing topped it off, with lyrical mature lines. Liked the way you saved the fast muted fire works for the climax, enjoyed it, Thanks for sharing with us

andybaylor

I guess you know your Logic...:BEER

Thanks for checkin' out my tune....
No prob...it's great stuff! Love the chords and textures...and the logic drums kill!

And man, that JMP sounds great. I love JMP's with a box in front to "push them over the edge". Huge sounding amp! Keep it up!

Frank Axtell

Very accomplished production/sounds, really nice tune, tones, and your playing topped it off, with lyrical mature lines. Liked the way you saved the fast muted fire works for the climax, enjoyed it, Thanks for sharing with us
Thanks so much...I've been working like crazy trying to get my playing and sound together. So I really appreciate all the positive encouragement...I guess I must be doing something right....ha ha.. :horse

yZe

Man, I feel like such a lazy @$$ with all of the killer composition and production brother Frank is bringing to the table

Notwithstanding the killer playing and MARSHALL TONE , the most impressive thing to me is how there is this ostinato bass line/pedal point with this edgy pocket, but then there are these dreamy (nebular-huh?) harmonies in the vein of Holdsworth/Weather report .

The thing that's cool is how the progression seems like it shifts key centers while the bass more or less holds one key center, but then shifts to certain keys of the harmony at certain points - while still maintaining the the same pocket !!

Another thing that's notable is how you capture the dremy side of holdsworth, but gt the cool alternate picked burn lines i the vein of Ald & John Mc

Frank, I know most of us fusion guys only want to do shows with one guitar, but if you ever need a cat to hold down some rhythm for one of your big gigs, drop me a line

I''ll take 60 to Yeehaw Junction down the T-Pike !!!

P.S. I'M ABOUT TO PUT BNF ON AGAIN FOR THE 3RD TIME IN A ROW

cdaloia

Thanks so much...I've been working like crazy trying to get my playing and sound together. So I really appreciate all the positive encouragement...I guess I must be doing something right....ha ha.. :horse

Sounds like it Frank!
Keep up the good work.
Cool tune. I like the changes. Especially that one...you know what one I mean

Chuck

Frank Axtell

Sounds like it Frank!
Keep up the good work.
Cool tune. I like the changes. Especially that one...you know what one I mean

Chuck
Thank you very much Chuck...really appreciate your comments...yeah that dominant 13th is the hip change I was looking for to make the progression happen.

bobmeredith

The thing that's cool is how the progression seems like it shifts key centers while the bass more or less holds one key center, but then shifts to certain keys of the harmony at certain points - while still maintaining the the same pocket !!

Another thing that's notable is how you capture the dremy side of holdsworth, but gt the cool alternate picked burn lines i the vein of Ald & John Mc

Yeah I thought the bass ostinato underneath the shifting keys was really cool too

Trending Topics

Top Bottom