Blue, superbright LED´s are....

fr8_trane

Supporting Member
....Annoying! They can be TOO bright to the point they are actually blinding when you bend over to adjust something on your board.

RDM

Ahhhh. So TAHT'S why I see guys on stage wearing sunglasses. I thought it was to try to look cool. Makes perfect sense now.

RDM

No...seriously I like any LED that's brighter than the stock Boss ones. They'll suffice....big I think a bit bigger is better. The Barber Pedal LEDS are A-OK in my book. Not SUPER bright....just big enough to be seen.

IMO, the primary reason to use super bright LEDs is to get the same brightness at a lower LED current. This improves battery life.

tzamosti

Silver Supporting Member
I have personally been blinded numerous times with my Durham Sexdrive...I would bend down to adjust a control on another pedal and forget that the Sexdrive is still on and get drawn in to that blinding blue light. Next thing I know, I flinch away in pain. Boring old red or amber are good for me...but you will find a way to make it pretty, Matt.

Uma Floresta

They look good, but starting to be overdone. Moderately bright is good, and 5mm is better than the Boss size - 3mm.

The color of the LED should be matched to the color of the pedal - if a pedal is painted red or orange, a blue LED won't look good. Blue looks great on blue, silver, green, yellow or white pedals, however.

Bright green is a good alternative color.

datguytim

I like my Durham Sexdrive blue light. It's crazy bright, but you can tell in a sec if it's on or not in bright sunlight.

puddinstone

I had a modded DMM that had a really bright white light in it....you could see it on a high ceiling in a dark room!!! That thing could have served as a lamp.

markom89

They're very cool.
That said, I agree. They can get annoying at times and borderline blinding. really.
They sure do look killer, though.
and +1 on the sex drive LED being *SUPER* bright. my god, man.

Trending Topics