1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Blueridge OOO?

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by curlykyle, Feb 14, 2009.

1. curlykyle

curlykyle Member

What do you guys think about the Bluridge OOO guitar? I played one a good while back that was very similar to the Martin Clapton model but actually looked a little nicer and had a great sound. I didn't have a Martin there to compare it too so I was wondering if anyone has one of these and can give me your input on them. Is it a guitar that will hold up over time? Thanks.

2. Lawn Jockey

Lawn Jockey Member

I'd do some diggin' over here.

Hope that helps.

3. majorbanjo

majorbanjo Member

I've got a BR-43 which is 000 size...I love the guitar.....I bought it from Elderly on line when I was in Kuwait with the Army.....it's been beat to hell but still plays and sounds great!!...

4. northernlake

northernlake Member

I also have a BR-43 as my beater. Really depends on what you're after. The BR-43 is no 000-28EC, but hey, what did you expect.

As you move up the Blueridge scale (BR-143 or 163) you're definitely getting a lot of guitar for the money.

5. kmcmichael

kmcmichael Member

I love the Blueridge guitars sound but they have a narrow neck. I like the playability of the Recording Kings.

6. Schwalbe

Schwalbe Member

Br-341 and 361 are 1 7/8" at the nut and have a big honkin' V neck. I really liked the ones I played. They are very good parlor size guitars with slotted headstock.

7. Mondoslug

Mondoslug Supporting Member

I played both of these recently & was pretty knocked out. They were open sounding for a little guitar and pleasant to look at. I've visited the store twice so far to try them....hhmmm.