• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Blues Band Clothes.....What is a good non-cliche look?

Sweetfinger

Gold Supporting Member
I was going to, but you beat me to it. Nothing says "blues" like a middle-aged suburban white guy with a beer belly in Hawaiian shirt, shades and fedora, and a minivan in the parking lot!! :eek:
The reality is that some of the best blues being played in the last 20 years has been by those kinda guys: Gene Taylor, Lynwood Slim, Charlie Musselwhite, James Harman, Junior Watson, Richard Innes, Bill Stuve, Charlie Baty, Doug Deming, Dave Specter, etc.
That look musta wore off Sam Lay pretty quick. The times I've seen him he was dressed in what might be called "casual Djinn".

BobbyRay

I only wear costumes for...well costume parties.

I wear my clothes, which I wear quite well thank you very much. I give it some thought. But I always give my clothes some thought. I just try to look good and usually shoot for one step higher than the clientele at the establishment. If they wear jeans and T-Shirts, I may wear jeans and a button down with some decent footwear. But make no mistake, I look good no matter what.

MGT

correct .. I was referring to the under 30 crowd
Still depends on how you look, dress, the mentality of the woman, etc. I teach fitness classes at the gym (I highly recommend it!) and it can be less obvious how old (or young) someone is when wearing gym clothes & you're in good shape.

BobbyRay

If you are reasonably in shape, and have shorter hair, I think the Outsiders (movies) look, the white t-shirt, blue jeans, black square toed boots, is a decent option.

http://mrachampion.weebly.com/uploads/2/3/1/5/23159626/985699_orig.png
Yes. Because nothing says "blues" more than a 50's teenager.

I still never understand people who are going for a "Blooze" look. It's just bizarre to me. Contemporary clothing that is nice. That's all it takes. It's your attitude and delivery that counts.

brownie17

Hi. Everything you suggested for the Blues band goes very well with the Blues. I think the hat ,also, goes well to complete the spectacular look. It's classic. And a stylish coat can be also added to your look. You can choose something fashionable on this site http://www.lilylulufashion.com, where I've seen a few stylish clothes that could be suitable for the Blues band.

Last edited:

telest

Slacks, button down shirt, tie, maybe a sport coat.
I can't play with a long sleeve shirt, let alone a jacket. Mutes my strings at the bridge something terrible. Must be my picking hand placement but that's where comfort zone is.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom