• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Blues Deluxe RI issues

pedalbored

Im having trouble with my Fender Blues Deluxe ReIssue being able to use outside. It starts out nice and clean and loud, then about the 3rd hour it starts distorting like its on overdrive mode. The overdrive sounds great on the rock tunes, but I can't clean it up for the country tunes. I run my master at about 7 and my channel volume at about 3 or 4. Im using a compressor if that makes a difference. Last night we didnt mike anything playing outdoors (a small patio setting), but I have miked before playing outside and the results are the same. I thought about adding a 112 ext cabinet, but not sure if that will help anything. What are some other options?

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
I wonder if it has to do with the speaker heating up and getting mushy sounding..
Ive had this issue using older Marshall 4-12 cabs... 1st set, great..2nd set kinda muddy. 3rd set, muddy....
.Fender imho doesn’t splurge on using good speakers with their amps, trying to keep the price down..
try using a separate speaker cab next time and see if this happens. Then you will know...

Trending Topics