Blues Deluxe Too Loud-Options?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by malko, Dec 19, 2009.

1. malko

malko Member

I have upgraded the speaker to a Weber and changed the tubes and replaced the preamp V1 to a 5751. The tone is great but i think this thing is too loud for the gigs i play. Did a gig in a fairly large space last week with 100 people and i couldnt get past 4 unmiked without the other players complaining. What are my options other than buying a hot plate? Would a DRRI give me more usable volume? I want it to break up and like to get my drive from the tubes.

2. Clifford-D

Clifford-D Member

Yea, my Blues Deluxe back to stock after going around the block with speakers
    and tubes, but I don't know much, my choices were limited. I tried a Celestion Roma G12
    and a Weber and the the stock speaker just sounded the best to me. I would love to get
    a better speaker, what????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I use a pedalboard with a Zen2 and more and rely on the amp for cleans.
    I also have an Empress Para Eq that can make it sound bigger than life. Sweet!

I'm also waiting for my Fender Super Sonic to arrive, an amp I had for a day
    a few years ago I know will own. The Burn channel can do what you want.
    Two days to go.

Anyway the Blues Deluxe is a great amp and I will A/B/Y it with the SS. Yea!
    (that is when I'm really ambitous)