• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Blues Deville Amp Fans

jrockbridge

I have a ‘94, 60 watt, USA made, Fender Blues Deville 410 that I purchased new for $699. The amp can sound good but has a dark and murky reverb that does not live up to the Fender legacy. I use outboard reverb.

Probably the best thing I discovered was how much a Klon KTR pedal out front improved the sound...as if the amp circuit had been modified. Perfect match.

The circuit is very close to a HRD but has more sparkle on the higher frequencies when I’ve compared them. It’s hard to describe an amp with words but it has a very spongy give and take to the feel. The sound is very loose which I love for certain types of music.

I received many compliments on the sound over the years when I used to play out. Lots of praise for an amp that is often criticized online. I get it. The sweet spots may not be that obvious to some. It’s basically a blues amp which has an unrefined sound. But, I’ve learned how to exploit and appreciate the unique qualities that make it different from my other amps. I’m glad I never sold it.

P.S. Never had a single repair. Very reliable.

Any other fans of the Deville amps?

Oinkus

Friend owned one way back then and I liked it a lot. Pretty loud and obnoxious when you push it too much but has a bunch of good sounds in it. I got low volume sounds out of it that I liked too. Would not mind grabbing one that was cheap used would be a good project amp.Old as dirt and no issues is a good thing , you are fortunate.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I have owned both the 4x10 and the Dlx version a few times over the years. I like the amp and I didn’t mind the reverb as I only use a touch. Very good bar/cover band amp. Pedal friendly and sounds good all in its own too.

flatdream

Silver Supporting Member
I love mine too.
That s my 2nd one.
Both US made from 1993.
unfortunatly the 2nd oine doesn t have the same speakers so I m chasing a set of 4x10 alnico blue but it s super expensive these days...
Would love to compare it with a 59 bassman once

flatdream

Silver Supporting Member
New set of tubes installed today, it breath again.
JJ set to replace the sovtec I had before.
I preffer the JJs clearly.

Last edited:

DiPa

Constant GAS
Platinum Supporting Member
I am going to bring mine out again later today, the danger is I may fall in love again with it and remove it from Reverb, won’t mind that...

70 Mach 1

Silver Supporting Member
I bought mine last yr just to play my strats and teles through it. I never found an amp b4 that can rock SCs with no fussing or ice pick.

Not crazy with HBs but i have other amps for those

Glad new glass fixed your problem

jrockbridge

I play my P90 LP and SC Strat through my Deville 410. I use attenuators with mine, either a Fryette Power Station PS2 reactive load reamplifier setup or a Dr Z resistive load Airbrake. I can get the Deville to sound great using either attenuator but it feels so much better with the PS-2.

Yesterday, I was using an RC Booster for sparkly, cleanish tones and the gain side of a KOT for dirt. But, truly, the Deville works great with every boost or dirt pedal I have ever tried, TS, KTR, Black Secret, Riot, Sweet Honey, AC Tone, Merman, British Sound, cheap or boutique, etc. The Deville loves dirt pedals period.

Last edited:

Clarkey_63

I have a ‘94 2x12 that I have had since new. I love the cleans and it takes pedals nicely. It has been in for repairs twice since new to address cold solder joints but well with the effort.

Rumble5

Here's the early 90's 2x12 I've had for about 15 years. I kept it all these years despite getting higher end amps because it sounds great and it's worth more to me than I could get for it:

DiPa

Constant GAS
The mistake I did was to plug a Gibson ES335 into my Blues Deville, and immediately removed it from the Reverb site.
I had it listed for several months, its a pristine mint like new amp, all stock, hardly played in the years I had it, and was receiving low offers. Well I get to keep it and enjoy it! It sounds way awesome with my 335. I believe these are discontinued. These amps need a lot more love!

longgonedaddy

Silver Supporting Member
The mistake I did was to plug a Gibson ES335 into my Blues Deville, and immediately removed it from the Reverb site.
I had it listed for several months, its a pristine mint like new amp, all stock, hardly played in the years I had it, and was receiving low offers. Well I get to keep it and enjoy it! It sounds way awesome with my 335. I believe these are discontinued. These amps need a lot more love!

You just pulled the Reverb listing? I swear I was looking a this over the weekend.

PS. I was not a low baller

ranchofm

I bought mine in the 90's when I was gigging 5 to 6 nights a week. 212 version. It got USED and was a great workhorse. For a long time my rig was the DeVille, a Marshall Guv'nor, and a wah. Later, a Boogie Studio Preamp that started picking up Citizens Band. The DeVille developed a problem (don't even remember what) after I had already retired it. Planning on getting it looked at, but I have a few more items in the repair queue first.

DiPa

Constant GAS
You just pulled the Reverb listing? I swear I was looking a this over the weekend.

PS. I was not a low baller
You a Lehigh Valley dude? That’s where I went to school, Lehigh Univ, best time I had in that area, miss it. Yeah I had it listed local only, as I did not want to mess with shipping a big amp, plus I was not willing to pay shipping...

longgonedaddy

Silver Supporting Member
You a Lehigh Valley dude? That’s where I went to school, Lehigh Univ, best time I had in that area, miss it. Yeah I had it listed local only, as I did not want to mess with shipping a big amp, plus I was not willing to pay shipping...
yeah, I grew up in northeast PA, but I’ve been in the Lehigh Valley for almost 20years now.
Good to hear you enjoyed your time here, it’s a great place.
And I fully understand not wanting to ship a big amp. I did it once, maybe never again.

DiPa

Constant GAS
Totally digging my Blues Deville, getting those Memphis blues tones in spades, love the OD channel, the amp was almost sold, I lucked out as folk were looking for low ball offers and I did not sell.,,mine is all stock, am gonna leave it that way cause it sounds great as is. thank you el cheapo Buyers !

Trending Topics