Blues/jazz Amazing Grace

Well if you read the Introductions thread you will know that I quit playing completely well over a decade ago. Due to events in my life I rediscovered music. This was the first attempt after about 4 months of being back. It is a song I thought fitting. My timing is a hint off here and there and some of the lead phrasing needed work. But give me honest feedback and critique me honestly. I need to get back to where I was and so I ask for help.

Thanks,
Chris

Gear; 77' strat old texas special pick ups and all new wiring and pots.
Amp 68' Fender Deluxe Reverb.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=801755&content=music

yZe

Good stuff

The feel, tone, melodic sense, and technique is good

On a nitpicky note:

Too many frequent trems on the chords - it loses effect

On the solo, I would again save the vibratos for spots where it really counts, not on every resolve tone

I was going to say that your fills on the last 2 beats before the first count were not diverse enough rhythmically, but you worked that out as the tune went on

YOur playing is very inspired

Thank you for your honest critique. And I agree with what you said and will make adjustmens. I appreciate your honesty. You said ''two beats before the first count were not diverse enough rhythmiccaly but you worked that out as the tune went one''. I am not sure I follow? If you could help understand would be most helpful.

Thanks yZe
Chris

quote=yZe;3608849]Good stuff

The feel, tone, melodic sense, and technique is good

On a nitpicky note:

Too many frequent trems on the chords - it loses effect

On the solo, I would again save the vibratos for spots where it really counts, not on every resolve tone

I was going to say that your fills on the last 2 beats before the first count were not diverse enough rhythmically, but you worked that out as the tune went on

YOur playing is very inspired[/quote]

yZe

Thank you for your honest critique. And I agree with what you said and will make adjustmens. I appreciate your honesty. You said ''two beats before the first count were not diverse enough rhythmiccaly but you worked that out as the tune went one''. I am not sure I follow? If you could help understand would be most helpful.
Well the tune is in 3/4, and alot of your fills at the onset would just go EXACTLY "Two-trip-let" "Three-Trip-let".

It seems that you could've varied the phrasing like you did up the road

OR

done some more chordal rhtyhmic "Little Wingy" type things

Thanks yZe. I appreciate the help. I already knew about the trem but had never thought of the vibrato until you mentioned it. Thank you for your input it was very insightful and helpful.

Woodyworld

I've not heard the Original, thanks for that cause now I want to now I want to hear it

Four months of being back after a ten year break, Yikes! You played great mate.

Really enjoyed your lead breaks. Real nice phrasing and feel.

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
Quite nice indeed ...
Especially after a 10 year break ...
Yikes~!!, like Woody said ... I can't imagine what that would must feel like ...

B Vance

I love your arrangement and chord-choices...

Looks like I know what we're playing in church in a few weeks when I play. It's going to sound great accompanied by the Leslie screaming wide open on the organ.

Thank you for listening and posting. I appreciate the compliment.

I've not heard the Original, thanks for that cause now I want to now I want to hear it

Four months of being back after a ten year break, Yikes! You played great mate.

Really enjoyed your lead breaks. Real nice phrasing and feel.

Thanks, and yes a decade is too long to not play. Thank you for the compliment. I appreciate your listening and posting.
Quite nice indeed ...
Especially after a 10 year break ...
Yikes~!!, like Woody said ... I can't imagine what that would must feel like ...

I am really happy to hear that you like it. Thanks for listening and leaving feedback. I appreciate it.

I love your arrangement and chord-choices...

Looks like I know what we're playing in church in a few weeks when I play. It's going to sound great accompanied by the Leslie screaming wide open on the organ.

Trending Topics