blues jr speaker replacment

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by drjojo42, Dec 20, 2005.

1. drjojo42

drjojo42 Member

my little mexican speaker is blown in my blues jr,whats a good speaker to replace it with?

2. dnewhous

dnewhous Member

I recently put a Greenback in my Blues Jr. and it sounds pretty good. Before that I had a Vintage 30. The Greenback sounds much better.

3. royd

royd Member

weber blue dog or silver bell

4. Bluewail

Bluewail Silver Supporting Member

Eminence Red White & Blues

5. drjojo42

drjojo42 Member

6. Nigel11

Nigel11 Member

I have Vin 30,Greenback,and GH-30s.I prefer the GH30.

7. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

I hope this reply doesn't come off too negatively but, frankly, friends don't let friends waste their hard-earned money trying to upgrade BJs. I have two USA Fender 50W Gold Label Emi's lying around my house right now. You want one for the BJ? If you can wait to receive it until after New Year's (I'm too busy to deal with shipping until then), it's yours for free - just reimburse me for the shipping.

8. drjojo42

drjojo42 Member

thanks john,i have a maz sr , my #1 amp the jr i take to a open mike i help host in chesapeake beach md.last jam one of the jammers blew my speaker,over the year iv been hosting ive had a few things destroyed.i use to take the z ,now its the bj,

9. myles111

myles111 Member

If you can spring the cash, a real Vox Blue is amazing and with 1 watt in for 100dB out it will be one loud sucker too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

General specificationsNominal diameter 12", 305mmPower Rating15WNominal impedance8Ω and 16Ω Sensitivity 100dBChassis typePressed steelVoice coil diameter 1.75", 44.5mmVoice coil materialRound copperMagnet typeAlnicoFrequency range 75-5000HzResonance frequency, Fs 75HzDC resistance, Re 6.4ΩMounting InformationDiameter 12.2", 309mmOverall depth 6.5", 165mmMagnet structure diameter 5.0", 128mmCut-out diameter 11.1", 283mmMounting slot dimensions 0.31", 7.9mm ├śNumber of mounting slots4Mounting slot PCD 11.7", 297mmUnit weight 9.3lb, 4.2kg

This speaker may be one of the smoothest speakers available and is a timeless classic.

10. crazy4blues

crazy4blues Member

I tried a Vintage 30 in mine. It was a slight improvement, but it doesn't sound like you're worried about tone so much as reliability, as you have a Maz for your #1. The V30 is more efficient than the Greenback. While it's a great sounding speaker, I don't think that I could justify the cost of the Celestion Blue. My tuppence.

11. Jon Silberman

drjojo42, like I said, if you want a free Fender Gold Label (i.e., shipping cost only), it's yours. If so, email me your address and allow me until around just after new years to ship it to you. All I ask is that if you take me up on this, I expect that speaker to go into that amp! :)

P.S. The speaker I'll send you was pulled originally from a BJ (I also have one pulled from a Blues Deluxe).

P.P.S. Are you in the Chesapeake area? If so, perhaps I can hand it to you personally and maybe even jam a bit in the process.

12. Tone Loco

Tone Loco Silver Supporting Member

Are you going to install it too?!? ;)

Man, what more could you ask for? That's the best thing I've seen so far today - probably for a week.

13. Jon Silberman

I'll be happy to install it with him, like, even a dufus like me can remove a chassis and unsolder and solder two wires! :)