Blues Jr Tweed vs Limited Edition

telefanboy

Hello,

Just got this used Blues Jr Limited edition and while I was playing it next to my current Blues Jr Tweet I notice a big difference between both. I guess it's because the speaker each one has. The tweet amp sounds with more headroom and bass and the Limited Edition sounds very clear with a but less headroom. The tweed as a Eminence Texas Heat Patriot Series 150watts and the Limited Edition has a Celestion G12M Greenback 25 watts. Anyway, I don't know much about this Limited Edition Blues Jr and the Celestion Greenback speaker so if anyone can give me some feedback it would be awesome.

Another thing is that Im thinking about using them in stereo. That would be nice

Last edited:

vintage66

Dig the red. I like the Jensen that comes in the tweed, a 150w speaker in a 15w amp seems like overkill, do you like the extra bass and headroom?

telefanboy

Does it matters that the speaker in the tweet jr is a 150watt speaker?.. does that damages the amp?. Should I put the stock speaker back?

mdrake34

Does it matters that the speaker in the tweet jr is a 150watt speaker?.. does that damages the amp?. Should I put the stock speaker back?
Won’t harm it (unless the ohms don’t match) but it will be all headroom with little breakup. That’s a MUCH more efficient speaker than the green back or Jensen that comes stock in the tweed

telefanboy

A small comparison between this 2 great amps. The tweed blues Jr has Eminence Texas Heat Patriot Series 150watts speaker and the Limited Edition has a Celestion G12M Greenback 25 watts speaker. Both amps have the same settings and I used the same guitar in the neck pickup all the time. Maybe it's not the best way to do this since I recorded it with the phones mic but.. it's something

vintage66

Nice comparison, the tweed sounds like a bigger amp with that speaker, l like both sounds. I wonder how close the Jensen and greenback sound. If you switch back I’d like to hear a similar comparison.

cbpickin

Tweed Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
I prefer the tone of the red Jr. The upper end is more alive. The tweed sounds a little boxy or midrange focused and doesn't have the sparkle I want out of a Fender amp. It just depends on what you like. I had a limited Jr. at one point, and I put a Jensen P12N in it. That speaker sounded pretty great in that amp, and it is one I probably shouldn't have sold. That was back when I sold an amp when I bought a new one.:D

telefanboy

The only problem with this video comparison is that I use my phone’s mic and the Tweed amp is farther away from the phone. That can change the tone

ksg65

Hop on Youtube and check out That Pedal Show episode with the wet/dry set ups. Game changer...

DiPa

Constant GAS
Platinum Supporting Member
I have two as well, and I found that I need to break them in to sound best, so play the **** out of them, and I swapped out the stock preamp tubes for some NOS and swapped out the stock speakers, i put GASC64 and they sound awesome.

Trending Topics