• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Blues Junior Speaker Question

EJstratinSC

I own a Blues Jr. I've never played a Blues Pro Junior but I've heard it sounds better,(personal preference I know) but I really never liked the 1 volume, 1 tone controls. I've also learn that Blues Junior boxiness is partly due to it's cabinet size. Does the Pro allegedly sound better because of it's 10 inch speaker? Couldn't I replace my 12 with a 10 in my BJ thus increasing the cabinet to speaker ratio? I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question.

jlagrassa

Silver Supporting Member
put a Celestion G12H30 in your BJ and good tubes and you will forget about the Pro Junior that speaker does wonders to that amp, not saying the PJ is a bad amp I just think the BJ is a better amp.

Billm

The speaker size/cab size issue is easily overcome. A 10-inch speaker isn't the right answer. A better 12" speaker will definitely help. A few judicious mods to the tone stack will help even more. Search for "Billm Blues Junior Mods."

Trending Topics