Blues Junior Speaker Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by EJstratinSC, Feb 28, 2009.

1. EJstratinSC

EJstratinSC Member

I own a Blues Jr. I've never played a Blues Pro Junior but I've heard it sounds better,(personal preference I know) but I really never liked the 1 volume, 1 tone controls. I've also learn that Blues Junior boxiness is partly due to it's cabinet size. Does the Pro allegedly sound better because of it's 10 inch speaker? Couldn't I replace my 12 with a 10 in my BJ thus increasing the cabinet to speaker ratio? I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question.

2. EJstratinSC

EJstratinSC Member

3. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

put a Celestion G12H30 in your BJ and good tubes and you will forget about the Pro Junior that speaker does wonders to that amp, not saying the PJ is a bad amp I just think the BJ is a better amp.

4. Billm

Billm Member

The speaker size/cab size issue is easily overcome. A 10-inch speaker isn't the right answer. A better 12" speaker will definitely help. A few judicious mods to the tone stack will help even more. Search for "Billm Blues Junior Mods."

5. strat56

strat56 Member

+1.....