Blues phrasing ... need your opinion and advice !

openmind1984

Hey guys !!!
I ve been always a rock guitar player. I like to play lots of differnt styles but never been into blues very much antil now !!! Been listening a lot to Josh Smith, Greg Koch and Matt Schofield last month and ... I think I get some new new tricks for my blues phrasing but still ... I wanna know what do u think and any advice is welcome!!!

Baminated

Tough to give a critique. There kinda needs to be. Time reference via band or track, particularly when critiquing phrasing. A solid Time standard is essential when wanting any meaningful opinions on phrasing

openmind1984

Tough to give a critique. There kinda needs to be. Time reference via band or track, particularly when critiquing phrasing. A solid Time standard is essential when wanting any meaningful opinions on phrasing
its true that a bt or playing over something might help but I m not agree with you on this. You can notice if somebody got a nice phrasing or not without a bt !! I can listen some guitar players all day, w no backin track at all and still know they have an amazing time feel etc

chickenpox

Obviously, you suck. That's why you should quit playing now and send me that beautiful black tele. I'm ok to pay for the shipping. :)

Kidding aside, I'm a little surprised you didn't even engage into playing a twelve bar blues (yes, wihout a backing track), giving us hints of the chords, showing your timing, and filling the blanks with catchy phrases and tasty rests. I know you can do it.

Cheers.

chickenpox

Hey Tony,

You've got a fair amount of technique under your fingers and you sure know how to work an electric guitar (you own a nice one) to make it ring like it should. But I wish I heard you playing in a more organised way, like young blues masters do. Please enjoy this video, as much as I do :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpZK3vM5jpY

Kirk rules, doesn't he ?

Cheers.

openmind1984

Hey Tony,

You've got a fair amount of technique under your fingers and you sure know how to work an electric guitar (you own a nice one) to make it ring like it should. But I wish I heard you playing in a more organised way, like young blues masters do. Please enjoy this video, as much as I do :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpZK3vM5jpY

Kirk rules, doesn't he ?

Cheers.
maaaan . he and Josh Smith are my favourites :)

Trending Topics