• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Blues school is in session (Ronnie Earl content)

He is one of the most incredible guitar players ever, absolutely awesome tone! For me Hope Radio is a Blues Guitar Master Class!

soldersucker

I am a certified Mr.Earl freak i just downloaded a few shows from the "sugermegs" site and man he was soo smooth back in the earl 90's check it out.

GOLDENSTRAT

Soldersucker, you are my new hero! Thanks so much for the tip on "supermegs".

Any tips on loading them onto cds?

fred

daddyo

Another big Ronnie Earl fan. No pedals, Dumbles, or BS. Just a strat, a Super Reverb and great playing.

Love Ronnie's playing. :bow He has a style all his own.
Not many modern blues guitar players are as instantly recognizable.
Definitely in my top 10.
I wish he still toured.

bolsen

Oh yes! Ronnie is fantastic! My favorite player, bar none, and a real gentleman as well. He doesn't tour, and only plays in New England these days, but he can still play as well as ever. I am fortunate to live about ten miles down the road from Ronnie, so I get to see him several times a year. If you get a chance, jump on it. He's a force of nature, and pours everything in his soul into his playing. To me, he really epitomizes what music is all about: soul.

guitarlifestyle

I like guitars.
Gold Supporting Member
I had a chance to catch him live at a festival close to 20 years ago. His is the only performance I even remember from that year. It really had an impact on me.

soldersucker

Soldersucker, you are my new hero! Thanks so much for the tip on "supermegs".

Any tips on loading them onto cds?

fred
Sure do.I just burned the 3hr 2008 show this morning.Right click the "download" option.Hit "save target as" it will than download it onto a file i put it in "music".
I then use itunes to convert(WWA-APP) it into a file that can be burned.The shows are streamed and i haven't figured a way to divide them with gaps btwn songs.I'm not complaining i just got 5 cd's worth of my favourite player FREE!
The 1987 Roomfull of Blues show with Ronnie is Killer also! three hours past midnight is stellar Ronnie.
Search "fabulous thunderbirds" for some great circa 1979 Jimmy Vaughan.
PM me if you need help

Last edited:

GOLDENSTRAT

Thanks, Soldersucker ,I got it going.

Be sure to run your spyware after sugermegs, my spybot immunizer found 40 things to block.

fred

jcs

he kissed my old girlfriend on the cheek in kansas city back in the roomful of blues days!

ronnie is one of the best imo.

Trending Topics