1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Blues..........

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Blueswede, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Blueswede

Blueswede Gold Supporting Member

Here's a question for you speaker pros..........Can I safely run a 30 watt head into a cabinet loaded with 2 Celestion Blues? If my understanding is correct, the Blues are rated at about 15 watts each. Am I correct? Thanks. Steve

2. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

Yes, you'll be fine with that combination; that's the standard AC30 setup.

3. Swarty

Swarty Member

I would be nervous if you were one of these aggressive tele pluckin' low E poppin' guys. The transients spikes that a tube amp is capable of can far exceed its wattage rating.

4. Blueswede

Blueswede Gold Supporting Member

No tele here, just a couple of humbuckers goin on. I thought about changing out one of the blues for a G12H30. Any thoughts on that combo?

5. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

Lot's of folks like that combination but it's just a personal preference thing. I prefer the pair of blues most of the time myself, but then I don't have your amp or ears.:cool:

As for the blues power rating, they are fairly conservative but if your normal settings are vol on ten with overdrive pedals running too, I'd be somewhat concerned.