• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Blues..........

Blueswede

Platinum Supporting Member
Here's a question for you speaker pros..........Can I safely run a 30 watt head into a cabinet loaded with 2 Celestion Blues? If my understanding is correct, the Blues are rated at about 15 watts each. Am I correct? Thanks. Steve

Swarty

I would be nervous if you were one of these aggressive tele pluckin' low E poppin' guys. The transients spikes that a tube amp is capable of can far exceed its wattage rating.

Blueswede

Platinum Supporting Member
No tele here, just a couple of humbuckers goin on. I thought about changing out one of the blues for a G12H30. Any thoughts on that combo?

fullerplast

Originally posted by Blueswede
No tele here, just a couple of humbuckers goin on. I thought about changing out one of the blues for a G12H30. Any thoughts on that combo?
Lot's of folks like that combination but it's just a personal preference thing. I prefer the pair of blues most of the time myself, but then I don't have your amp or ears.:cool:

As for the blues power rating, they are fairly conservative but if your normal settings are vol on ten with overdrive pedals running too, I'd be somewhat concerned.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom