1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Blues..........

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Blueswede, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Blueswede

Blueswede Gold Supporting Member

Here's a question for you speaker pros..........Can I safely run a 30 watt head into a cabinet loaded with 2 Celestion Blues? If my understanding is correct, the Blues are rated at about 15 watts each. Am I correct? Thanks. Steve

2. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

Yes, you'll be fine with that combination; that's the standard AC30 setup.

3. Swarty

Swarty Member

I would be nervous if you were one of these aggressive tele pluckin' low E poppin' guys. The transients spikes that a tube amp is capable of can far exceed its wattage rating.

4. Blueswede

Blueswede Gold Supporting Member

No tele here, just a couple of humbuckers goin on. I thought about changing out one of the blues for a G12H30. Any thoughts on that combo?

5. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

Lot's of folks like that combination but it's just a personal preference thing. I prefer the pair of blues most of the time myself, but then I don't have your amp or ears.:cool:

As for the blues power rating, they are fairly conservative but if your normal settings are vol on ten with overdrive pedals running too, I'd be somewhat concerned.