Bluesbreaker cab question

crazyneddie

if I turn my Bluesbreaker into a head / cab combo, will the Bluesbreaker cab sound weird without the chassis in it? The head will be on top of the cab but there will be a large open area on top of the cab.
What do you guys think? I hate to have to buy a head cab and another speaker cab. Love to get by with just buying a head cab.

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
I should think that you'd have to plug the hole in the top of the combo cab where the chassis used to be in order to make it a true 2X12 cab - once all the sound is still, and only, coming out the front and back, it will sound like it used to... thinking out loud here, but filling that chassis hole will make it a now-solid speaker cab again. Your amp head cab, with its feet and that gap on top of that big chassis hole may not/will not be enough to force the sound to where it needs to be coming from in order to sound like it always did. Maybe someone who makes speaker cabs can chime in with what affect that chassis hole on top might have on the cab sound.

crazyneddie

Yeah I just am not sure. I suppose the thing to do is try it out. I am sure I can find a small piece of plywood to fill the hole. I also would appreciate the opinion of someone who knows cabs better than I do.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom