Bluesbreaker clone - Blue Fox by Chicago Stompworks

Magmox

I had heard a lot about BBs as a low gain overdrive but had never played one. On Black Friday I saw that Chicago Stompworks had a sale of their clone so I figured now would be a good time to get one.

My Blue Fox came in a brushed metal finish...no paint, labels, logo, etc. I printed out a label and taped it on so I would know what the pedal was. The no frills looks is probably why it was less than 80 bucks :)

Well this pedal sounds very good. I play a Tele and I have to keep the tone set to 9:00 or it gets real brittle but the tone is what I'm looking for. I'm very impressed and have stacked it with TS pedals with good results. Most of the time I play with very low gain so I found setting the Gain to 2:00 and the level at noon works good.

I've noticed people talking about the Snouse Black Box 2 with internal DIP switches and added controls. There's a preorder sale going on for 99.00 USD. Is it worth it? Can you get a stock BB tone out of it even though it has added Boost and Presence controls.

Mike R.

I had heard a lot about BBs as a low gain overdrive but had never played one. On Black Friday I saw that Chicago Stompworks had a sale of their clone so I figured now would be a good time to get one.

My Blue Fox came in a brushed metal finish...no paint, labels, logo, etc. I printed out a label and taped it on so I would know what the pedal was. The no frills looks is probably why it was less than 80 bucks :)

Well this pedal sounds very good. I play a Tele and I have to keep the tone set to 9:00 or it gets real brittle but the tone is what I'm looking for. I'm very impressed and have stacked it with TS pedals with good results. Most of the time I play with very low gain so I found setting the Gain to 2:00 and the level at noon works good.

I've noticed people talking about the Snouse Black Box 2 with internal DIP switches and added controls. There's a preorder sale going on for 99.00 USD. Is it worth it? Can you get a stock BB tone out of it even though it has added Boost and Presence controls.
Yes.

Sean413

I'd hate to sound like I'm adding hype right now but I love my snouse v2 (mines without the dip switches ) and I'd have to say that the presence knob is where it's at. I have s black box dou and it sounds great but the v2 is my favorite.

I tend to dail back the tone 11ish and crank the presence like 3-4ish, this set the over all feel alil darker but then I get some bite back with the presence knob. it's great with teles.. I can kinda do that with the dou but the eq is off just a smig for my liking

Trending Topics