bluesbreaker

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Kaiser, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

I've tried it a few times, but not with pedals, does any one here knows how the bluesbreaker reacts to pedals? is it pedal friendly?

2. what?

what? Member

Hey I just bought a bluesbreaker ri...it does take a while for the speakers to "broke in"...when I first had it, clean sounds OK and distorted a bit sterille, but after a while it sounds really good with pedals, I'm assuming overdrives and distortions here...I would recommend keeley RAT for distortion...I've got clark gainster and barber DDSS on the way...I'll update later....

3. JLee

JLee Supporting Member

They are very pedal friendly. I have yet to find a pedal that doesn't sound stellar through my Bluesbreaker.

4. what?

what? Member

hey just got my gainster today...whewwwwwwwww its just crazy with the bluesbreaker...it really is transparent...the best overdrive pedal so far....I own many other overdrives/distortion/fuzz pedal; fullddrive 2, aphek peanut butter, mosferatu (4knobs), reezafratzitz, plexitone, mcfuzz hot, etc...by far the gainster is the most natural without any frequency loss...sounds like a cliche but its true...at least with my bluesbreaker

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

Well, I've decided to get a new amp (at least new to me) for christmas this year, since we're in mid October, just November is left for me to decide, December is ordering time.

Right now, the Bluesbreaker is my first option, if I have to decide in this very moment, that would be my choice, BUT, If I can get another option, say an amp head and a 2x12 cab around the same price, I'd definetely look into it before doing my final decision. I have -$1K to spend, but this wasn't the reason that led me to the bluesbreaker initially, anyway.

Any more comments?

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

Oh, if at the end I do get the Bluesbreaker, I'd definetely will be posting again with the results of my experiments with and without pedals.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

What?: what exactely do you mean by it takes a while for the spekers to "broke in"??

8. what?

what? Member

new speakers sounds sterile because they are still stiff or something, but after a while the cone become less stiff and more flexible so that they'd produce broader range of frequencies...I think :p ...

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

Hey, what style you play anyway? I'm playing indie stuff and hardrock, little bluessy but not really into that. If you want I'm posting on the amps forum right now, guess this thread identifies it self over there, hehe.