Bluesland Amps..............

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by OldSchool, Jun 13, 2006.

1. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Just picked up a Tweed Twin over in the empourium.............anyone here have any experience with Bluesland?

2. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Nobody has any experience with one of these babies?

They got rave reviews on Harmony Central..............

3. hawkeyeinexile

hawkeyeinexile Silver Supporting Member

WayOutWest (Santa Clara, CA (not Canada))
    i think Amitar still has his, from some time ago, hangs onto it

:cool:

4. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Well thats a good sign I guess..........thanks! ;)

5. mignano

mignano Supporting Member

If I remember correctly, Blues Land went out of business a few years back. They were run by a cat named Woody Wolfe, and right after the company tanked Woody was selling a bunch of his stuff on Harmony Central. I picked up a really cool prototype Uni-Vibe clone that he hand built. it ain't pretty to look at, but it sounds really good! never tried one of his amps (they're exceedingly rare now) but i can guess they are of comparable quality

6. Glass Onion

Glass Onion Toneful truth seeker. Gold Supporting Member

These are horrible (shh be quiet he will hear you) amps. You should really sell it to me for 50 bucks just to rid yourself of the taint of the thing........

Seriously I have played three different types1x12 2x12 and 4x10 about 5 years ago. I was in college at the time and had nowhere near the cash to buy one. I liked them all and would go to the music store to play them for hours on end. Luckily the store owners where nice guys and friends so they did not mind. I would love to have one if I ever come across the right opportunity. The ones I played if I recall right were very open and airy with just the right amount of compression to pull off nice clean/gritty work. This could be my past lust playing tricks on me though. Which model did you get?

7. Swarty

Swarty Member

I think Woody's company was actually called Blues City (from Minneapolis)...and it has been gone for many years. Woody is character...with a capital C! A great guy with an excellent ear for tone. I believe your Univibe clone was actually made by a guy named Eddie Schaeffer (from Chicago) that Woody commisioned. I owned one of Eddie's Univibes and they are indeed the best of the best... although the case is a bit cheesey... I know that Woody wanted one built into a wah case... Is that the one you have?

8. showman(tx)

showman(tx) Member

I think CWY is correct, Woody owned BluesLand Amplifiers and their logo had Tone City, Minnesota or something similar in it. Great tweed style amps, I've had a 5F4 Super style, a couple of 5E3 Deluxe styles and a Champ version and they all sounded great. I don't think they were really exact copies of the tweed circuits, but they had familiar tweed configurations (size, speakers, controls, etc) with Woody's own tweaks ...

9. jrosenthal510

jrosenthal510 Member

I picked up a Bluesland CB 3-10 18 watt. Sounds really good, very impressed with the workmanship.....

10. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

I got a 2x12 Tweed Twin. I changed the speakers to a Red Fang and a Lengend 22 and she really sings with my tele. [​IMG] Great deal on a great amp.

11. Blueshound

Blueshound Member

12. reddgeetarzan

reddgeetarzan Supporting Member

I've owned several of Woody's creations- they are ALL tonemonsters, at least the one's I've had- MOST esepcially this one :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ITs the B40HD and 3x10 cab- the head actually has a 1x10" in it so it can play by itself for practice or with/without the cab as well- GREAT idea!
    This is THE actual amp that was used in the Guitar Player shootout a few years back.....covered in hand tooled leather.......awesome! Think Tweed Bandmaster/Bassman meets Marshall 18 watt grind.....oh yeah baby!

Woody is a great guy- I still talk to him in an irregular basis- the guy really knows his $h!t......

I"ve actually thought about selling this little piece of history, but I have no idea what its worth......maybe Woody will buy it back!

RG

13. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

^^^WOW^^^

that amp looks killer!

14. Mr. Savage

Mr. Savage Member

Those amps sound great and last a long time.

15. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Yes they do.........:dude

16. HCStraub

HCStraub Member

Hey LGR!....
    Glad that amp worked out for you....we need photos!

17. mrmax

mrmax Member

Swarty, I bought one of Eddies Univibes on your reccomendation and I agree it's Lucious ,like nothing else. In fact I was using it this morning, what a great piece! Do you remember the old 2-12 Bassman cab that you put 2 -300watt EV's in for me ?;) ;)