Bluesy Neo Soul - Fender Strat

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Feodor, May 23, 2020.

Tags:

What pickup position do you prefer on strat?

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. 5

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  6. All the 5 positions at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Feodor

Feodor Member

Hey guys,

I made a hip-hop/neo soul beat yesterday and decided to jam along with it and here's what happened!

Waiting for your comments and feedback.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Strumlord likes this.
  2. doublescale1

doublescale1 Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck Silver Supporting Member

I live on the east side of metropolitan Detroit
    for me, the Neck gets a lot of use, for a rock song that needs OD, I prefer the Middle pickup to the Bridge, like 95% of the time. I use the Bridge when the song really calls for it, I do have a blender pot so I can mix in a little of the Neck to take the harsh bits off the Bridge adn give it a little more fullness. If a song calls for the quack, only #'s 2 & 4 will do. I guess for me, I simply listen to what the song needs and go from there. I should also mention that I use a Demeter Fat Control pedal on my board - it's a mid-boost, like the EC Strat's built in mid-boost - but a little of that goes a long way to give the entire guitar just a little more presence/heft in the mids. I don't use so much that it's no longer sounding like a strat but the Fat Control can push you very close to a solid P90 voice, while retaining the sparkle and air on the top end.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  3. VintagePlayerStrat

VintagePlayerStrat Supporting Member

Very nice playing, man. I like the neck alone and the neck/middle. Heck, I like em all and it's a blast to switch them from phrase to phrase, or mid phrase for a little kick.

For me, the biggest thing on a Strat is a good set up, keeping the volume on 9 to 10 and the tone controls around 6 to 7. That seems to be my sweet spot no matter where the selector switch is.

4. Feodor

Feodor Member

Thank you for your feedback guys!

Wow, thats pretty specific! I mostly use neck, neck/middle and middle/bridge. But the volume and tone controls are usually all the way up to 10 :)

5. Eireguitar

Eireguitar Member

Lovely playing, really nice. Bonus points for the facial expressions.

6. PatrickE_FenderADV

PatrickE_FenderADV Supporting Member

Poll is flawed by only allowing one answer! :mad:

I like them all... but I love the neck position. :aok

7. OotMagroot

OotMagroot Supporting Member

I use them all. I don't use the middle/neck position that much - I only use to play SRV inspired things. The other four I use all the time. Neck alone for bluesy Gilmour style stuff. Middle alone for slightly dirty arpeggios. Middle and Bridge for 80's style chorused arpeggios. And Bridge alone for dirt and leads.