• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

BluGuitar Amp 1 experiences

bobwl

I play and record with a large variety of fuzz and was wondering if the clean channel works well as a pedal platform for those types of pedals?
I'll be honest, I've lived with the BluGuitar Amp 1 for almost a year now. It does both cranked amp and edge of breakup tones really well. Very convincingly well. In fact I got rid of a couple amps because it does it so well. Cleans on the other hand have left me wanting a bit more. That being said, it might still work pretty well in your case with fuzzes. For a long time I haven't really been much of a fuzz player, so I haven't really tried it a whole lot in to the Amp1, but I have some fuzzes I just got in that I've been playing around with and I might give it a try and report back for you.

guitardr

Silver Supporting Member
Been using the Amp1 for over a year: in general it covers the bases. Using it with either a Bogner Cube, Mesa Thiele 1-12" with EV SRO or Bob Burt V-Front 2-12" with Celestion Classics: it fires all of them up nicely. For fly dates it has performed well when using provided backline cabs too. On the pedalboard are TC's Corona Chorus & Nova Delay + EHX Pitchfork. The only deficiency is that the reverb on the thing could sound better. Anybody feel the same way?

bobwl

Been using the Amp1 for over a year: in general it covers the bases. Using it with either a Bogner Cube, Mesa Thiele 1-12" with EV SRO or Bob Burt V-Front 2-12" with Celestion Classics: it fires all of them up nicely. On the pedalboard are TC's Corona Chorus & Nova Delay + EHX Pitchfork. The only deficiency is that the reverb on the thing could sound better. Anybody feel the same way?
I find it to be okay, just not super washy or deep. Fine enough to add a bit in, not enough if you want to rock a surf reverb though.

Caprica

The blueguitar amp 1 in my local guitar shop has sat there for over a year now. Lots of people have tried it, but it has never sold.

Caprica

Have your tried it out? Thoughts?
It sounded like a good SS amp to my ear, but I felt it lacked some of the feel you get from a tube amp.

To be honest, My brain had a hard time coping with the physical weight of it. I kept on thinking “what sorcery is this?”

If I had the cash I would buy one, but I don’t think my wife would be happy if I came home with another expensive guitar thingy

guitardr

Silver Supporting Member
Has anyone heard anything further on the release date for the Mercury Edition?
"Second half of 2018" has been the quote in press releases & web site: the real snag is that for all the details with the first generation...Mercury improvements might render the "old" model to lesser status. What happened to software improvement? Not good at all.

rickt

Gold Supporting Member
I've had one for a while now. I think it is a very credible sounding amp but have not used it other than for rehearsals and my own personal amusement. I do travel with it because that is one of its features.

Would I buy that as my only amp? Probably not. It's not that it doesn't sound good enough, it's just that I like the look, feel, and tone of my other amps which I would prefer over the Amp1.

guitardr

Silver Supporting Member
A couple of sketchy things relating to the Amp1...
  1. You have to dig for warranty information in manual and on the site, i.e warranty length & details.
  2. Only 1 service center in the CONUS: located in Colorado.
Last night my first generation AMP1 chose to develop a thermal problem/short: resulting in volume & power changes. All lights flashed and the illumination ring around the reverb button flashed. Early on a faint odor of electronic trauma. Anyone of this forum have any breakdowns yet? We'll see how Sweetwater handles it. Also: no first generation models can be updated to the Mercury Edition. :(

Darkness

"Second half of 2018" has been the quote in press releases & web site: the real snag is that for all the details with the first generation...Mercury improvements might render the "old" model to lesser status. What happened to software improvement? Not good at all.
These are analog SS amps. They cannot be updated via software.

Ozan

Just received the Mercury edition today. I have a question, any of you connected speaker out direct to interface? They suggest to use a Di Box with -20db pad while doing that. I do not have any Di Box so are there any risks of connecting speaker out directly to interface?

The reason i’m doing this is that i’ll use IRs while recording and i want to bypass built in cab simulaton.

xPhase

Just bought the non-Mercury Edition used this month along with a Wide Body Mesa 1x12 Closed-Back Front Ported Extension Cab. I use a Line 6 Firehawk FX through it (I'm just an intermediate non-giging guitar player working on advanced skills). Compared to using my Firehawk through my Mesa 5:50 combo amp, this new setup sounds sooooo much better in terms of clarity and richness of tone. Really impressed by this little BluGuitar Amp1. Cleans sound super clear, sparkly, and present... headroom up the yin yang... amp modeling and fx sound great as well (using 4 cable method)... tons of volume on tap... just a real pleasure to play through this thing. I'll likely be upgrading to running a Helix through this and at some point buying the Mercury Edition of the Amp 1. Very impressed so far. I hope the company is successful and keeps pumping these things out.

Last edited:

LordByron

The Dude abides!
Just received the Mercury edition today. I have a question, any of you connected speaker out direct to interface? They suggest to use a Di Box with -20db pad while doing that. I do not have any Di Box so are there any risks of connecting speaker out directly to interface?

The reason i’m doing this is that i’ll use IRs while recording and i want to bypass built in cab simulaton.
Where did you order your Mercury Edition from? I have not seen any for sale in the wild yet. :huh

xPhase

This is the latest news I've seen (on twitter post):

I assume most are selling in Europe currently and we won't see many here until:
1) Supply ramps up
2) Old stock has been sold off at discount

Ozan

Where did you order your Mercury Edition from? I have not seen any for sale in the wild yet. :huh
Got it from a store in Austria 3 weeks ago.

In addition i'm planning to order a NanoCab. A compact 1x12 weighing 10kg, perfect for me. Any experiences? Does that sound well with other amp heads as well?

ljholland

Silver Supporting Member
I have an original Amp1 inbound. Got a good deal on Reverb so I thought I would check it out.

My plan is to use it with my Quilter 12” HD Neo 300 watt speaker. I'm not sure what place it will fill in my gear.

ljholland

Silver Supporting Member
I've had the Amp1 for a couple of days. I'm very impressed. I made myself a 25' speaker cord with some 18 gauge wire and 1/4" ends I had lying around the house.

I'd hoped to pair it with my Quilter Neo HD speaker and it only sounded OK. Too bad...that would have been a killer light-weight rig. Instead, I plugged it into my oversized 12" cabinet with a Creamback and there is the tone! The headphone sound is only so-so. I'll need to wait until next week to try it direct into the PA.

I'm a little underwhelmed with the reverb. It's definitely more of a subtle Boogie style reverb than what you might find on a Fender amp.

I've done a little tweaking on the side controls and was able to get a nice mix between channel. Speaking of - those little knobs feel very fragile.

Regardless, it's a really nice sounding amp.

A question about the preset mode. Does it save the knob settings?

Treadstone_TM

I've had the Amp1 for a couple of days. I'm very impressed. I made myself a 25' speaker cord with some 18 gauge wire and 1/4" ends I had lying around the house.

I'd hoped to pair it with my Quilter Neo HD speaker and it only sounded OK. Too bad...that would have been a killer light-weight rig. Instead, I plugged it into my oversized 12" cabinet with a Creamback and there is the tone! The headphone sound is only so-so. I'll need to wait until next week to try it direct into the PA.

I'm a little underwhelmed with the reverb. It's definitely more of a subtle Boogie style reverb than what you might find on a Fender amp.

I've done a little tweaking on the side controls and was able to get a nice mix between channel. Speaking of - those little knobs feel very fragile.

Regardless, it's a really nice sounding amp.

A question about the preset mode. Does it save the knob settings?
no, just channel settings, boost, reverb and fx loop.