BMF Decho Box - any play info on these?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by doralin, Oct 15, 2008.

1. doralin

doralin Member

Heya

was wondering if anyone has anything to chime in on the BMF Decho Box.

Sounds interesting for the price.

Maybe someone can share on it's similarities soundwise to other delays?

thanks!
    wei

2. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

I had the wonderful opportunity to play with a BMF Decho Box about a month or two ago and I can only say very good things about it. I put it next to my Boss DM-2 analog delay and RE-20 Space Echo and the Decho Box really shined next to them. I was pleasantly surprised at how warm and organic the delays were. From rockabilly slapback to longer lush delays (up to around 340 ms) the Decho covered all that ground extremely well.
    On a different note, my bass player and I both have the BMF Fat Bastard boost pedal and I really dig that unit as well. Nice, clean, clear boost that can really push an amp however you want to. High headroom amps and it is a very clean boost and with lower headroom amps, it really pushes those babies into sweet overdrive.
    I'd definitely recommend the Decho Box and the Fat Bastard as well!:dude

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  3. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

Doralin, did you get a chance to check out the Decho Box and/or Fat Bastard yet? Just wondering...:BEER

4. doralin

doralin Member

Heyas screamingduck,

I've got a decho box on the way! haha

It isn't 1200ms delay (which I was really hoping for) but 300 ms.
    300ms is enough for me haha
    And what I really want is the effects loop as I'm going to stick an analogman AR20DL XL into it and try to get some cool ambient sounds.

Will post a review as soon as I get my hands on the decho box!

5. BMF Effects

BMF Effects Supporting Member

A delay in the loop can be a lot of fun, I lost an afternoon that way. :messedup :D Also interesting is a phaser with the speed synched to the repeats.