BMF Little Red Compressor thoughts. . .

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by lifeson1, Feb 27, 2012.

1. lifeson1

lifeson1 Supporting Member

I've been having a lot of issues with the two knob Keeley I've been using the past few years - since I started playing out quite a bit I've been hindered by a lot of the additional 'noise' I've been getting when I pair it with my main drive pedals.

My brother out in LA swears by his script Dynacomp, I had recently heard some love for the BMF, so I drove over to Pryex Vintage yesterday before a NYC show and picked one up. I didn't have a lot of setup time with it before the gig, but being that the venue I was playing at has some of the worst power I've ever dealt with, I knew it would be a quick make or break night with it.

Couldn't be happier with it, though - VERY quiet, and I was stacking it with a Pinnacle Drive, as well as a BB+ and a Tube Screamer in some situations. Great transparency, very versatile with my rig in every situation. Good stuff, all around.

So, just thought I'd spread the love. After one gig, it's a staple. The Keeley will be collecting dust for a while or sit around on my backup board.