• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Bo Burnham: Inside (a Covid Era Comedy Special on Netflix)

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
Enjoyed it. Perhaps a bit too long, but some real insightful and funny moments.

Stike

Have you folks seen this one yet. It's really, really good!

Hopefully, we'll start seeing (and hearing) a lot more of people's "quarantine" material.

I think what Bo Burnham has done here is one of the coolest, most creative output that I've yet to see from the Covid era.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81289483?preventIntent=true
I haven't seen it yet but I suspect this thread will have more that a few condescending "Never heard of him" or "I turned it off after five minutes" comments.

he's one of the better comedians of the last ten years
I like his style of delivery, how he presents his material
makes me laugh and that's what counts

coolrays

Silver Supporting Member
Have you folks seen this one yet. It's really, really good!

Hopefully, we'll start seeing (and hearing) a lot more of people's "quarantine" material.

I think what Bo Burnham has done here is one of the coolest, most creative output that I've yet to see from the Covid era.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81289483?preventIntent=true
My girlfriend and I watched it on Monday, then again on Tuesday, and then again tonight. Reason being, we both picked up on more of the “not so obvious” themes and commentary with every subsequent viewing. No joke… It’s one of the best things I’ve watched in years. Made me laugh, made me think, even made me tear up during one of the later viewings. I know he’s a writer, producer, and comedian, but I FELT for Bo during The show. So well lit, so well shot and edited, and the songs albeit “silly” at times, are catchy as can be. I FELT that special. I even queued up the album on Spotify when I was out running around this weekend. I’m obsessed with it — Absolutely loved it!

Im curious as to what everyone’s favorite parts/songs are… I’ll go first (in no particular order)
1. That Funny Feeling - That juxtaposition, whew!
2. Welcome to the Internet - Funny, but brutal, and catchy as can be.
3. All Eyes On Me - Just a straight up beau song! Deeper than it leads on to be.

“A little bit of everything… all of the time!”

mattjayworker

My girlfriend and I watched it on Monday, then again on Tuesday, and then again tonight. Reason being, we both picked up on more of the “not so obvious” themes and commentary with every subsequent viewing. No joke… It’s one of the best things I’ve watched in years. Made me laugh, made me think, even made me tear up during one of the later viewings. I know he’s a writer, producer, and comedian, but I FELT for Bo during The show. So well lit, so well shot and edited, and the songs albeit “silly” at times, are catchy as can be. I FELT that special. I even queued up the album on Spotify when I was out running around this weekend. I’m obsessed with it — Absolutely loved it!

Im curious as to what everyone’s favorite parts/songs are… I’ll go first (in no particular order)
1. That Funny Feeling - That juxtaposition, whew!
2. Welcome to the Internet - Funny, but brutal, and catchy as can be.
3. All Eyes On Me - Just a straight up beau song! Deeper than it leads on to be.

“A little bit of everything… all of the time!”
My fav segment is the slick rnb number about doing a video call with his mom.

Have you watched another Netflix comedy special out there right now called " you should leave"?

It's f'n HILARIOUS!!!

PerFusionist

Silver Supporting Member
I thought it was really well done. He’s a truly talented musician and obviously really funny.

Certainly depressing at points too.

taez555

I've been a huge Bo fan since for a good decade (post internet, first standup era). He's come a long way in the past 10 years, and it's been fascinating to see him grow from just a musical standup. His comedy has always been smart and wordy, but with the last few specials where he got theatrical, and movie directing, he's become a much broader deeper artist, and "Inside" really shows it.

I say this with absolutely no hyperbole..... Inside, imo, is quite simply one of the most amazing piece of performance art ever made.

The comedic insights are brilliant, the deep social commentary are painful and cathartic, the way he shines a light on everything that is right and wrong with the world. It makes you laugh, it makes you cry, it sits in you and won't leave your soul. The music is amazing, the orchestration of the music is amazing, the lighting and effects he used, the camera work, the darkness, the shadows, the clarity with which he sees the world and is able to shine the mirror back in your faces to see ourselves, the fact he did it all by himself. It's not just a 90 minute show, it's something more I can't even describe. A touchstone, something that strikes a nerve culturally on a deeper level.

Anyway.

It's been haunting me for a month. I can't get it out of my soul. :)

coolrays

Silver Supporting Member
Got a chance to catch it on the Big Screen tonight, and it was even more incredible than watching it at home.

Had to be the guy to slyly snap a (quick, non-flash, thank God) image of one of my favorite shots in the film.

It was SO GOOD to see it in the theatre. Looked great, sound was thumpin’, and got to see some friends I hadn’t seen in a while. We all had a BLAST! 10/10, would do again tomorrow.

BFO

My daughter put me on to it a few weeks back. Hilarious, and I agree with taez555's sentiments - signs there that he's a bloody genius!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom