Board is almost full.. decisions, decisions...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TooManyHobbies, Jul 11, 2008.

1. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

Well... my board (pictured below) is almost full. I'm very happy with most all of the tones and the versatility. As little or as much gain as I can want so far.

The carbon copy will be moved to the left as soon as my Analogman Clone Chorus gets here. From there, I will be most likely adding the new Skreddy to be released fuzz next to the Fish Factory.

I have a GSP-2101, I run for extra outboard effects, but not all the time. Anyone see anything that I'm missing? (My wah is offboard as is a soon to be purchased looper).

I am anticipating maybe having a little room next to the CC and Chorus, and of course some space to add another pedal between the comp and potentialy the to be added Skreddy.

The current pedal order is (Powered by 2 VL PP2+'s):

Guitar>Tuner (in mute/bypass mode)>
    Lil Lehle:Pigtronix EP-1>Diamond Compressor (@12v)
    Lehle D-Loop SGOS (@12v):
    A) Diamond J-Drive TR>Diamond Fireburst>Skreddy Top Fuel>Zendrive>DBA Interstellar Overdriver>Fish Factory>Death Rattle
    B) Analogman Clone Chorus>MXR Carbon Copy
    >MI Audio Boost 'N' Buff (@24v)
    Lehle Dual AB-Y>
    Various Amps/GSP-2101/Vox Tonelab Desktop

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  2. mr. stanley

mr. stanley Member

What about a tap tempo delay? I'm not seeing one. Reverb maybe?

Great board by the way!!! What is the Death Rattle? How are you liking the Interstellar Overdrive?

3. deluxeman

deluxeman Member

Oh yeah cool stuff overall. Nice board, ever think of doing loops? I am toying with the idea of doing all my pedals in their own seperate loops ala Loop-Master.... What are your thoughts?

4. hbentley

hbentley Member

looks like he has a few loops

5. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

Considered the tap tempo delay before but I don't use delay that much anyway and I have the digitrch for advanced delay duties (its a limited with artist software).

The interstellar overdriver is really unique. Its raspy and crunchy in a great way. The master volume is a must as there are truly great sounds at all gain levels.

The death rattle is a version one by toadworks. I usually use it to create a second light dirt to crunch channel. Its very touch sensitive, stacks very well (its main use with me as I use it to create my lead or gain channels). Oh, and it has a boost/fatboost which is independent and sounds amazing. There is a tweed and a plexi switchable sound with both being great, the tweed better.

6. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

I had considered going with all separate loops, but for my needs, I found that I would either keep it simple, or go with a fully integrated option like the Voodoo Labs Pedal Switcher and commander system (or the Ground control type).

In my case, I decided to go with individual loops for "sections" of the board. So one loop is Filter/Comp, one is OD/Dist/Fuzz, and one is delay/modulation. From there, I'd likely split my existing loops further, first starting if I had any non-TB's, to keep them separate, then maybe split up the delay/mods individually.

Beyond that, I wanted to mainly cut out large wire runs when nothing was engaged. When nothing is turned on and all loops are bypassed, it's only two feet at most (wire and internal looper distance) before it hits a buffer then to the amp. So at most, my guitar is seeing >15' of cable total. It sounds indistinguishable to being plugged directly in.

7. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

Well, the new chorus is going in, and I have an EQ on the way. That leaves room for one last one.. and I think that's a Skreddy Lunar Module as a Fuzzface fuzz.