• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Boards with KOT's on them?

Cruz Azul

I just came up on the waiting list and ordered a KOT v4..

I'm keen to hear it and know they're much revered like the Zendrive, Timmy, Klon etc. Is it me though or don't they show up much on people's boards?? Don't think I've ever seen one on a big name board either?

mosesmonro

good question, now that you mention it i dont know of any.... but great thought, ill be interested and hopefully educated in this thread
thanks

todd richman

Jim Weider and the guitarist from Blind Melon have them as does Sid McGuinness from Letterman's band and Luther Dickinson uses one also.

peacebone

Famous Players of the King of Tone:

The following has been copied and pasted from http://analogman.com/kingtone.htm

In spring 2004 Noel Gallagher from Oasis got one and is using it a lot along with his mini bicomp and DD-6 with high cut mod.

Scott Coney from the George Jones band was lucky to score a used one and it replaced his KLON.

John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls got one in early 2006 and I hope to see it on tour promoting his new CD. John said It's amazing, I love the articulation I still get even though it's distorted (heavy but not metal) and the boost is perfect for solos.

Rontrose Heathman of the Supersuckers told me he loves his ver2 KoT pedal that he got for Christmas.

John Platania has been using his Ver2 KoT pedal with Van Morrison and Chip Taylor among his other projects.

Toshihiro Sumitomo of the Japanese band BLUESTONE COMPANY has been using his KoT Ver4 for his awesome slide guitar work on tour along with Chris Duarte. He is also using our AR20DL analog delay and TS808/silver pedals.

David Bryson from Counting Crows loves his and got a second one for the studio.

Rogers Stevens of Blind Melon got a KoT from us in 2007 and says he pretty much left it on all the time since getting it, recording their new album.

Shayne Hill from Sawyer Brown used a V2 KoT for three years, then got a Ver4 in late 2007. He wrote: I think I have owned every pedal made Mike, and this KoT Ver4 is far and away my favorite overdrive ever..... period.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd got one from me on the Experience Hendrix tour and it was steadily on his pedalboard in 2008.

Luther Dickinson joined the Black Crowes for their 2008 tours and grabbed a KoT before heading overseas for the first legs. He wrote me: Hey! Just got home. We went 'round the world and the King Of Tone sounded great thru every crazy backline amp I had! It saved the day! Thanks, bro! LAD.

Marc Ribot got a ver2 KoT in 2008, he's a killer player! I first saw him with Robert Plant and Alison Krauss on CROSSROADS strangling leads out of his old 1950s Harmony guitar.

Stu Kimball from Bob Dylan's band got one in 2008 and noted I like when you turn a knob and it actually does something...The Kot provides this and more... It compliments the sound of your instument and amp..

Here is a note from Carl Verheyen, one of the tastiest players ever :

"I've always believed that the guitarists that get a huge distortion sound using nothing but single coil pickups are usually the ones with the most original and identifiable tones. That's because it's harder to find the perfect combination of guitar-pedal-amp that gives you the saturation needed to play freely, and yet still hear all the notes with clarity. The Analogman KoT pedal fits right into that mold, and gives you 2 separate options as well. I also use the Beano pedal for a super tone-full boost. Thanks Mike for having such great ears!"

Carl Verheyen 2008

peacebone

^And I'm sure that there are many more "famous" players of the KOT that are not on the list as well....

H_V_C

The KOTv4 is as high quality a pedal as the world has to offer. 100% top shelf, and for the price that Mike sells them new, it's one of the best values on the market.

Cruz Azul

Cool fellas! Yeh not tryng to sound like a wanker with the 'famous' boards call just wondered whether they'd ever been the staple of touring/band/session guys as I've heard great things about them (and just ordered mine) but never had any real recorded references on albums etc...

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
Lots of big names and pros listed here so I won't add to it except to say I have one on my board and have for almost 2 years now....I can't imagine NOT having it there to be honest!

aram

yup. i sold my version 2 to Ribot back in August.

It was before a gig we did in nyc.

He played a couple of notes on it and took his other overdrive pedals out of his loop.

The king of tone is AWESOME!!!!

i sold all my other overdrive pedals once i got it.

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
It's the only "overdrive" pedal that I can deal with. It adds to the sound.

swampdonkey90

Silver Supporting Member
Did you see Analogman's post yesterday about a possible v5 ?

Yes we came out with a HOT version (option on either or both sides). I am waiting for Jim Weider to test it out and make sure it still does all the cleaner things that it does so well, before we release it.

J Mascis recently got one, he uses it for his CLEAN sound(!). then he turns it off and turns on a BIG MUFF for his dirty sounds. We sent it to Bradshaw to put in his rack after it got our new extra gain mod, as he needed more distortion. I tried it and I really like it, as I did not really like the sound with the drive under 12:00, now it starts out about there and goes up much higher. We probably will offer it as a free option, and cheap mod too if it passes the tests. It also makes the DISTORTION mode a lot more usueable but sounds awesome even in the CLEAN mode (no diode clipping, just lots of gain!).

Trending Topics