Bob Sweet Charity Official Thread

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
My brother works at Fulltone, I'll have him kick Mike in gear for ya'. Thanks for the update, the support that everyone is showing is truly inspiring. God bless,

PremiumPlus

Bob, that mask looks just like mine did! The nurse is better looking though...It looks like they are targeting the same spot that they did on my neck for the throat tumor that I had back in '04. I'm remembering how weak I was too, man, and the good thing is that you're progressing well and you're going to beat this thing!

BJF

Hi,

Hang on in there, Bob, and hopefully there are also fun moments and smiles also during this.

I have ressurected a Baby Blue Overdrive De Luxe, thats a Baby Blue and a Baby Pink in same encloser and thus it has two footswitches and four controls and both effects can be used seperately. This unit will be auctioned off and that handled by a benevolent friend with a camera.

Take care
BJ
Affiliations
BJF Electronics
Sweden
www.bjfelectronics.com
www.mpamp.com

wichita

I speak with Bob at least twice a week. He is hanging in there and doing very well. he is going to beat this thing!

Nolatone Ampworks

Platinum Supporting Member
I bought one of Bob's first generation (first handful ever built) Ultra Vibes (is that what he called it)? Dang I wish I still had that thing. There's one piece I regret letting go of!

Spoke to him at length over the phone before ordering it. He's a truely great guy and loves his craft both the art of it and the people side of it too. No one should have to go through what he's going through, especially great guys like Bob.

cubba65

HEY!
Just a shout out to Teddy from Musictoyz for putting this all together for Bob.
:AOK

Ted immediately hounded everybody in the pedal biz to donate gear and garnered
as much high-profile musician support as possible to autograph the stuff.
He organized the auctions (twice, 1st one canceled by eBay),
spent endless hours with eBay support techs around the world to fix it all,
is paying ALL of the eBay fees, and pays the shipping costs for the stuff he ships out.

I don't think I ever made a public thank you to him for what he's done,
so here's to you friend (and to all of us for being so giving)...

:BEER

nlopez

Silver Supporting Member
Hey Guys
Bob sent me a VM this evening and asked me to send a shout out to everyone. He has been in the hospital for the past few days with a broken back! Apparently a back injury from younger days has flared up from lying on the treatment table. I don't know any official diagnosis. He states that this has put the cancer treatment on the back burner as they are determining how to treat the back. He sounds like good ole Bob in the VM. He want everyone to know that all things considered he is taking care of himself.

Let's keep those prayers and auction bids coming!

Nick

Don Rusk

BearFoot FX Owner
Vendor
That's awesome, I love the picture of EJ trying to find "the" fuzzface!

I love this pic - its crying out for a caption like " ...and GET HIM!' attack of the drug resistant mold spore .. the Trouble with Tribbles part deux :eek:

LVE

Hey guys - all the Bobsweet auctions were pulled this week due to some bogus eBay rule violation. I felt bad that there were people bidding on a couple pedals I built specifically for the benefit so I've re-listed them on my own account rather than wait for the site to get back up and running.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leila-Sweet-Delay-Analog-Sound-Boutique-For-Bob_W0QQitemZ170208486292QQihZ007QQcategoryZ41415QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leila-Sweet-Muff-Big-Pi-Rams-Head-Variant-For-Bob_W0QQitemZ170208498041QQihZ007QQcategoryZ41416QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

TheGrooveking

Those are some cool looking pedals!

Witchita, if you speak with Bob, please extend are best wishes. I would call him, but figured between the back and the chemo/radiation I don't want to disturb any rest he may get.

TheGrooveking

Soothsayer

Gold Supporting Member
I think it would be great if some of the big name rock stars that use bob's stuff got together and did a charity. Its a tax right off for them and a chance to help someone thats really good for the music industry, forums, and the USA as a whole. I wish I was in a better to position to contribute more, thats for sure.