Bodhisattva - Isolated Guitar Track!

StevenA

Is that 3 part harmony in the beginning? This is one of the solos I will not learn to play out of respect and reverence.

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
were talkin' some skills right there wow,,
When the main solo come in the middle section ...
he was playing some outside chit that is beyond what some of us do today ...
& this was on hit album (was this tune also released as a single?)

Gary Ladd

Thanks for that :aok

Always loved that tune, and isolated I appreciate it on even a different level...

GL

Denny Dias played the main guitar and solo, and (story has it) then Jeff Baxter played the outro solo.
Totally sounds like Skunk on the outro.

Thanks for posting these guitar tracks - what a blast!

The live version (Citizen Dan boxed set) has both of them playing at the same time of course. Whoever recorded/mixed this version kind of panned Skunk all over the place but he's not hard to pick out at all because their styles are so different. Michael McDonald played the 3rd part of the harmony on analog synth. His distinctive voice can be heard in the vocal harmony. And yes, that was Pretty Purdie on drums.

voodoochili12

Out of curiosity, how do these find there way out of the studio? I am a HUGE Steely Dan fan and would go crazy isolating the tracks of my favorite performances on every album.

gennation

Out of curiosity, how do these find there way out of the studio? I am a HUGE Steely Dan fan and would go crazy isolating the tracks of my favorite performances on every album.
I wonder the same thing but one source is the video game market. I'm not sure if it's guitar hero or rockband but one of their later releases used the real tracks from songs. That's where some of the Van Halen and Randy Rhoads isolated tracks came from I think.

I'm not a gamer though so I'm not sure if Bodhisattva was part of that or not. About two weeks ago a radio station played a mix of isolated tracks from Rosanna (Toto). They played the whole song with prominent parts isolated out, it was pretty cool...like drums, then, bass, then all the vocals, sythns/horns, and Steve solo at the end.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Man, I just went to youtube and popped in "isolated tracks". This awesome!!!
Yep, seems to be a fad at the minute. All these new isolated tracks keep coming out.

The Rosanna one is my favourite thus far. Just awesome.

Macleod

They've been leaking for several years. Some are Rock Band/Guitar hero rips, some others aren't.

My multitrack collection is around 70GB's worth of stuff. Including some Steely Dan.

One of the greatest rock lead guitar solos EVER recorded. :bow

Even with all of the later "interpretations," none have replaced Denny Dias for moi.

I dunno man, your skills are pretty dope too.

Anyway, Denny Dias also recorded the electric sitar solo on "Do It Again", one of their early, huge pop hits. Serious bebop guitar chops in disguise for sure. My aunt had the Can't Buy a Thrill album - vinyl! - and that's where I read the credit.

It was also Dias who hired Fagen and Becker to play in his band, before the two of them formed Steely Dan and turned around and hired him.

wiltel24

What a great tune, one of my favorites from Steely Dan. If you listen to this song and don't start tapping your foot, please go see a doctor.;)

Trending Topics