Bogen Low Impedence Filter Question for those who may know about these?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by jh45gun, Jul 18, 2008.

1. jh45gun

jh45gun Member

OK I was told by some one who I got that Bogen MX60 from that IF I take out the Low impedence transformer that plugs in for each mic input it will change the circuit from Low Impedence to High Impedence. True or False? I do not want to unplug one of those filters and find out it will cause issues with the amp. Three of the transformers look like short metal tubes that are rounded on top the other looks like a metal cap can. If this was the case then I could hook up a quarter inch jack for a guitar input with out getting a low to high impedence adapter and a female to female plug to hook it all up since Bogen had the brainstorm of using a male 3 prong input instead of a female one.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  2. jh45gun

jh45gun Member

I called them the wrong thing so the title is wrong they are low impedence transformers not filters. Sorry for the Mistake.

3. jh45gun

jh45gun Member

Got this info off the DIY forum but not sure where I would find a plug like this?

You need to replace the transformer with a jumper plug for high impedance. I don't have the MX-60 schematic, but I assume its the same transformers as the MX-30. You need a 9 pin octal plug and it has pins 2-5 and 8-9 are jumpered together.

4. jh45gun

jh45gun Member

Speaking of the transformer cans is there a trick to removing them? They seem sort of solid yet I know they are supposed to come out.

5. SatelliteAmps

SatelliteAmps Member

Transformer cans? The plug in type should just pull straight out, like a tube.

As far as the jumper plug goes, you might as well just solder on the tabs inside the chassis, rather than going to all the trouble of getting a plug and soldering that.

You probably won't use the impedance matching transformers for using this as a guitar amp. I would probably sell them, and rewire the inputs so I wouldn't have to use any of that.

Pictures would help.

6. jh45gun

jh45gun Member

Adam I have to get a card reader for my computer as my digital camera died and I found a older Kodak at a rummage sale that works but it does not have the computer cord and I can probably by a card reader cheaper I just have not done it yet. Probably will get one the first of the month. Jim

7. jh45gun

jh45gun Member

Never mind on the pulling the transformer can out It came out it just took a bit more pull than a normal tube does.