• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Bogner 101b white chassis info please

mcgtola

Someone offered a bogner xtc 101b white chassis in a trade. So hard to find any sold I have no idea the value compared to any others. Also if they are better or worse. I know it's all opinion but would love to here if anyone has had any experience with them... This is his comment on the amp

"When I bought mine from Bogner in the early 90's I went out to LA because a friend of mine lived there. We called and set up an appointment to go to Rheinhart's Bogner place and I tried all the Ecstasy heads he had. He had 3 or4 100b's I tried and he had just built this white chassis one that had a few more options. It sounded the best of them all I thought and we spent all afternoon there checking them all out. I think I have my original receipt around somewhere if I can find it."

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
The white chassis 101s usually go for about 2100 at best. The 100b usually sells for around 3500+
Based on their market value you can determine which one is valued higher. I'll tell you from experience the 100 is valued higher for a reason and not because it's rare. The 101 white chassis is rare. It just doesn't sound anywhere close to the 100. But don't take my word for it. Do research here and elsewhere on opinions and price. Usually what happens is guys think because they have a white chassis Bogner it's worth something. In truth I'd rather have any 101 besides the white chassis. To many bells and whistles on that one. It was known as a tone sucker. Of course guys that are trying to sell a white 101 always disagree.

Last edited:

mcgtola

The white chassis 101s usually go for about 2100 at best. The 100b usually sells for around 3500+
Based on their market value you can determine which one is valued higher. I'll tell you from experience the 100 is valued higher for a reason and not because it's rare. The 101 white chassis is rare. It just doesn't sound anywhere close to the 100. But don't take my word for it. Do research here and elsewhere on opinions and price. Usually what happens is guys think because they have a white chassis Bogner it's worth something. In truth I'd rather have any 101 besides the white chassis. To many heels and whistles on that one. It was known as a tone sucker. Of course guys that are trying to sell a white 101 always disagree.
That's kind of what I have been reading. Was hoping that it wasn't the case because I have heard some great things about the Ecstacy. Woulda been a good way to get one but he's valuing it at $2700.

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
That's kind of what I have been reading. Was hoping that it wasn't the case because I have heard some great things about the Ecstacy. Woulda been a good way to get one but he's valuing it at $2700.
He's out of his mind.

Vai81

I agree with Voodoo, they don't quite do it for me either. I've played a white chassis 101 quite extensively and in comparison with the normal black chassis 101B (which I bought right after A/Bing the two), they sound a little too round and a little on the dull side. Not aggressive enough. In short, I felt like they sounded like a normal 101B in old mode which you can't switch off. That said, I can see some guys that could really dig it.

In regards the the price, no, it shouldn't be anymore expensive than the usual 101B.

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
You ever had any experience with a 1964 vox ac50. Missing logo replaced handle. Looks like the 3rd version.
He's giving it about $1500 in value.

Still to much even if recently checked out mostly all original and Strong NOS tubes. 1250 all in would be max. AC30. Different story.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom