Bogner: 20th Anniv Shiva vs. Current Production?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by lpaul626, Feb 9, 2012.

1. lpaul626

lpaul626 Silver Supporting Member

I play in a Top 40 band and my main rig consists of a 2009 Shiva EL34 head. With all I've read about the 20th Anniv. Shiva, I've contemplated jumping to the 20th. However, I'm not sure what I'd be gaining other than the additional gain flexibility.

My current Shiva has the updated FX loop, adjustable boost, and the bright and shift switches. When I need "more", I'll engage my BB Preamp (coupled with the OD) or Suhr Riot.

So would I have most of the options covered with my current rig that the 20th anniv. would offer? Am I missing something?

2. prsnstrat

prsnstrat Member

If you're currently happy with your tone, don't change it sight unseen...try one out first, even gig with it if you can!

3. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

I've owned both (20th, '09 Shiva). I currently have the '09 Shiva 112 Combo (EL34 w/verb). I loved the KT88 clean tones. But the overdrive channel was too agressive/modern sounding for my tastes.
    As was said, dont make the decision before playing a 20th annie.
    It may or may not be your cup of tea.

You know what you have now, at any rate.
    So do I.

S.
    j

4. EdM

EdM Member

I'll be watching this. I have the same EL34 version you have and play covers as well. I love the amp. I do need 'more' sometimes and hit it with a Koko boost. It works great. That said, I am always on the prowl for something new. I just wish I could dial in a little teeny bit of dirt on the clean channel. Due to that I've been gigging my Rivera k100 lately for a change.

5. kickstrat

kickstrat Member

I own and love both. The regular EL34 Shiva has a sweeter and rounder sound to my ears. I would say that if you need a more aggressive OD channel, the Shiva Anniversary would be a better choice. Both are great though.

[​IMG]