• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Bogner 20th Shiva vs Bogner Ecstasy 3534..

Junkhead

Silver Supporting Member
After a year with my AxeFx III + FC12 I am going back to my Bogner Shiva 20th + pedal setup.

Love the sound of the Shiva 20th all around but I do have to use a Fryette PS to get it sounding great at lower volumes.

Enter the 3534...I know 35 watts is still overkill for home use. But would I still need the the PS to get great tones at lower volumes? Don't get wrong on the Shiva 20th either, it can get very good at lower volumes without the PS, but its a whole new world once you add it.

Killcrop

Silver Supporting Member
After a year with my AxeFx III + FC12 I am going back to my Bogner Shiva 20th + pedal setup.

Love the sound of the Shiva 20th all around but I do have to use a Fryette PS to get it sounding great at lower volumes.

Enter the 3534...I know 35 watts is still overkill for home use. But would I still need the the PS to get great tones at lower volumes? Don't get wrong on the Shiva 20th either, it can get very good at lower volumes without the PS, but its a whole new world once you add it.
you should be fine with the 3534. I’ve owned a few Shivas and they do need to be ramped up to get the goods. The Shiva has a decent master but that amp really opens up. The 3534 sounds best cranked too but it’s no where near the volume of the Shiva.

joafink2

Silver Supporting Member

What did you end up going with?

Any other opinions on the 3534 vs the shiva 20th? Looking to pick up one of these amps.

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Silver Supporting Member
I've had the 20th Shiva twice and now the 3534.
I find the 3534 easier to dial in, way more versatile, and overall more satisfying to play.
IMO, it does every kind of genre better than the 20th Shiva.
It's sharper, has more clarity, and doesn't have that always on, lower mid-range fuzziness of the Shiva.
Oh, and it sounds great at home volumes. The effects loop volume helps dial in nice lower volumes.

Junkhead

Silver Supporting Member
What did you end up going with?

Any other opinions on the 3534 vs the shiva 20th? Looking to pick up one of these amps.
Ended up getting a Fractal FM3. I started took for a desktop amps and it fit perfectly. I now play though headphones 80% of the time.

joafink2

Silver Supporting Member
Ended up getting a Fractal FM3. I started took for a desktop amps and it fit perfectly. I now play though headphones 80% of the time.
Cool! I have an FM3 as well. I love it. I use it all the time. I do however love my tube amps through a reactive load as well.

Trending Topics