Bogner Alchemist preorder time!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Soothsayer, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Soothsayer

Soothsayer (Paul) Supporting Member

2. Shine

Shine Member

Thats a cool cab.

3. gtr37

gtr37 Member

I love this Design .really cool from the different type knobs to the Black/ silver grill cloth scheme.
    Channel Gold and Mercury ..built in delay and verb .

I know I have read a few posts about how Fugly it is .but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder .

I think the whole theme logo and Alchemy symbols is damn cool

4. n.j.

n.j. Member

Nothing quite like watering down a respected name in high end amps than putting out Chinese-made modeling garbage and sh!tting all over your dealers by opening up in a chain appliance store.

Go Reinhold!

5. DonW

DonW Velocity Town Angel Silver Supporting Member

I understand the sentiment and I dislike it too but this is where the money is. Low end stuff sells, pure and simple. My biggest problem with it is for Chinese I think it's still a bit overpriced. Maybe the logo is worth $200.00.

This Bogner line is cheaper but now the "regular" Bogner amps I've come to know and love are under the guise of Bogner "Custoim Shop". Will those prices elevate now?

Wave of the future....

6. tvegas99

tvegas99 Silver Supporting Member

Amen to that brother... let me read it again...+1:AOK

Hopefully, Costco or Sam's Club will start selling them...think of it...killer Bogner rigs sitting right next to samples/displays of spinach dip, RNR

7. cisspcism

cisspcism Member

I think it will sell well, but I wish it was an el34 based amp and not 6l6s.

8. gregc

gregc Member

The one Reinhold brought to the NY Amp show sounded pretty impressive. Of course, it couldn't have been a 'production' piece. We shall see.

9. heavypick

heavypick Member

I love how this anti-Chinese idea implies that American made stuff is inherently better. I suppose you really think the guy working in the American factory is there because he wakes up every day looking forward to making 50 amps and therefore quality control is impeccable. The reality is that the guy is probably working at (Insert American factory) because he needs a job (like almost any person anywhere in the world) not because he takes such great pride in producing a quality product. You think he's proudly and meticulosly hand wiring amps? He's probably thinking to himself "****, I got another 6 hours.This sucks."

10. Whoopysnorp

Whoopysnorp Member

I don't have any actual idea what the specific factories making these amps are like BUT certain Chinese factories have been known to be run under some pretty brutal conditions. Frankly I would rather have a consumer product made by some schlub six hours into his day and looking forward to going home in two hours than some schlub six hours into his day and knowing he's got another 8-10 hours ahead of him. I certainly hope the factories making these amps treat their workers well, but China got to where it is today on the backs of a lot of ordinary people.

11. Soothsayer

Soothsayer (Paul) Supporting Member

Im reading this right now on my cheap chinese IPhone. Im such a looser.

12. Lution

Lution Member

I believe for decades the Chinese as a people have been working 12+ hour days so I'm sure they're pretty used to it and would likely have the same attitude about their day as any worker here in the US. As another poster expressed, I don't see how there could be a difference in pride at one's work between here and there.... yes, unless the working conditions weren't very good, but I hear Line6 are doing it right in their China factory. I don't believe Reinhold would not care about that. His rep is on the line here and I'm sure that he wouldn't gamble with sub-par working conditions or the lack of quality-made and quality-controlled building.

13. hathisisfunnyha

hathisisfunnyha Member

My guess is a 10-15% increase in price based on how much he is charging for a line6 knockoff

14. Luke

Luke Senior Member

You can say the same about a Porsche 944, Ferrari 308, that Chevette with the Cadilliac logo, the list is endless of manufacturers that allow their prestige be used to sell a lesser product.

15. wolfpack

wolfpack Supporting Member

What modeling ?

16. Lution

Lution Member

I think n.j. was referring to the Line6/Bogner collaboration The Spidervalve amps.

17. n.j.

n.j. Member

Those too, but I was referring to the digital reverb and tap tempo delay built into the Alchemist.

From the Bogner page:

• Shared: in parallel, Reverb Type, Reverb Level, Delay Type, Delay Level, Delay Repeats (Feedback), Tap Tempo

18. wolfpack

wolfpack Supporting Member

so effects built-in instead of pedals out front make it a modeler ?

:stir

19. Lution

Lution Member

werd! I was just going to say something to that effect.

So what is the difference between players who use the Line6 DL4 (which is a killer delay pedal which many many tube amp players use) or the Line6 Verbzilla (also a killer pedal which many many tube amp players use)?

Yep, there really pretty much is none...

I happen to think it's a killer feature and is a big selling feature on the Alchemist.

20. n.j.

n.j. Member

Hey man, to each their own. Modeling/digital effects, apparently I had my terminology wrong. I don't want to any of it built into my amps.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter. You can take the word "modeling" out of my initial statement and I still stand behind it. Chinese made junk usurping the Bogner name and cheapening the brand.

I'm sure they'll sell, but I sure won't buy one. Oh well.