1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bogner And Xotic or CAE?????

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Metalmike117, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Metalmike117

Metalmike117 Member

After changing the tubes/speaker in my Shiva 6L6. I have been trying to use my AC Booster or BB preamp to fatten up the dirty channel on the Shiva. It seems to be a little to dirty and very "pedal sounding" if that makes sense? I keep the bogner basically flat, but I drop the treble a bit. the pedals are set flat with the gain low.

What do you recommend doing to fatten up the tone but keep it clear? My buddy has the Line Driver MXR/CAE, I might try that. Has anyone used that pedal and loved it?

Keep me posted.....this is a slight tone emergency : )

2. TimH

TimH Member

Hrmmm...well IMHO the Shiva dirty channel isn't really going to take pedals well. It's very gainy and compressed and on the dark side so not really prone to take pedals well. I might be looking for different pickups rather than pedals. A clean boost with EQ might be the closest for what you're asking.

As far as the MXR line driver...I don't know that it's all that popular but I've never played one.

3. Metalmike117

Metalmike117 Member

I am using and ESP eclipse with a JB in the Bridge and 59 in the neck. Those are pretty fat. Maybe a burst bucker 3 in the bridge perhaps?

4. TimH

TimH Member

IMHO the JB isn't "fat". It's a pretty bright pickup actually.

5. Metalmike117

Metalmike117 Member

Okay... Do you have a recommendation for a good bridge pick up that will mingle with the Shiva? Do you have a Shiva or did you have one?

-Mike

6. guitardr

guitardr Silver Supporting Member

Some ideas...

1. Klon Centaur
    2. As a Shiva owner w/ EL-34's, I NEVER had a need for any boost/disto-pedals.
    3. Try one of the Radial pedals too.

7. guitardr

guitardr Silver Supporting Member

Oops, my student just reminded me:

Keeley Katanas are pretty hip too, and Lollar Imperial PU's have a nice sibilance that meshes well with my Shiva.