BOGNER BLUE & MERCURY BOX -Similar?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by helrazr84, Feb 21, 2015.

1. helrazr84

helrazr84 Member

I have a Blue and it is a favorite of mine, but was wondering if something exists in a single pedal format that is very close to the Bogner. I don't need the boost option..

I've seen a few of the demos of the Brunetti Mercury Box and (to me) it sounds pretty darn close. Anyone have both?

I've thought about the Wessex but haven't had a chance to play one yet. I have no idea if the Bogner Neve pedals retain the amp feel like the Ecstasy pedals do.

Any input appreciated. Thanks!

2. RockStarNick

RockStarNick Supporting Member

Bogner Wessex and Blue are both amazing - but no where close in terms of tone and feel.

Bogner blue you're familiar with.

The Wessex sounds like a more American-ish voiced, low gain, natural breakup, light drive. Amazing pedal, but more for lighter slightly overdriven sounds.

3. helrazr84

helrazr84 Member

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised, I didn't realize the Wessex was more on the American side tone wise.

I may try the Mercury box or even look into one of the Barber pedals that sounded close and hope for the best.