Bogner cabs: cube 1x12 or Shiva 1x12?

Ogre

Shiva-size has a better(bigger & fuller) sound. The cube is easier to transport. I went for the tone.

Madsman

The regular cube is a little punchier. I don't know that I agree with the Shiva sounding bigger. It also depends a lot on the amp you're using it with... you need to have the power handling for your Flexi, don't you? Or are you doing this for W/D?

gregc

Silver Supporting Member
I never played the cube but the Shiva size, ported 1x12 is the best I ever heard (talking 1x12 \cabs).
gregc

Myron Stratis

Originally posted by Madsman
The regular cube is a little punchier. I don't know that I agree with the Shiva sounding bigger. It also depends a lot on the amp you're using it with... you need to have the power handling for your Flexi, don't you? Or are you doing this for W/D?
I need a 1x12 small size cab with a V30 for the smaller gigs. I play the Flexi attenuated (with a Hotplate) so I do not think that volume will be a problem. I think that I will go for the cube...:)

Would the cube be a good option for a Marshall 20watt head? Or would the Shiva be better...? I really like the size/portability of the cube tho'.

deluxemeat

the cube is so killer; mic'd for recording. it's very focused and punchy as everyone said.
the shiva sounds great and really fills more "space" live but lacks that focus the cube as.

sparkle**

I am thinking of running two cubes... bogner or CAE

for small to medium non miked gigs.... Good?

It is a cameron modded marshall 100 watter powering it.

deluxemeat

sparkle** said:

hey sparkle, what do you think of the cameron? i'm trying to find a single ch version of the bogner 101b red ch.
if anyone could do it, i bet HE could.

I play in a 4 pc band where I'm the only guitar, I wonder if a Cube with a very focused sound won't fill out the soundstage as well?

Also I'm considering the Tone-Tools FatCat... wonder if anyone has had experience there as well...?

bikerdude2

Silver Supporting Member
Or Sunday...I'm playing an outdoor show tomorrow, and am leaving my 2-12 home, and going with 2 Bogner Cubes that'll be unmiked.
sparkle** said:

sparkle**

If you just want a one channel Marshall to sound like the red ch. bogner...I am sure he could do it... I would bet it would be a little more marshally than the Bogner... Just a guess... The best things is the Master Mark uses...just great.

deluxemeat said:
hey sparkle, what do you think of the cameron? i'm trying to find a single ch version of the bogner 101b red ch.
if anyone could do it, i bet HE could.

bikerdude2

Silver Supporting Member
Used a pair of Cubes, unmiked, and they flat out killed! I had quite a few musicians comment on my tone. The cubes seemed much more focused than playing other outdoor shows with a 2-12.
sparkle** said: